Dave Stephens

KITH 2011

Hey folks.. Due to a last minute decision to move into a new house (and new shop), the Arkansas show, and a big project/commission (hope to be able to share this with everybody soon), I'm just not going to be able to finish the knife I had in mind for this. But I wanted to see what folk's opinion was on using some of the knives I made for the Arkansas show for this.. they would fit into the category of 'tribal'. I have a few different ones.. and one of them is pattern welded orishigane/bloom/shear steel/W2. Would this be okay? If not.. I understand and apologize for not being able to commit. Doing this for a living can sometimes take all the fun out of it.

Scott I would love to receive one of the knives that you had at the show. They were all very nice.

Bummer Serge. I always enjoy your creations(I secretly harbored the fantasy of getting drawn for your knife). :D I also have no objections to Scott entering whatever blade he wants(purely mercenary on my part because I would love one of his also....Heck, I'll come right out and say it..I like all the blades entered and will be ecstatic to get one!) A-hem, sorry for the previous outburst of knife-lust.

Edited by Troy Christianson

Okay.. good. Because I'm excited to get anybody's knife here. Especially since I never get to keep any of my own.... I will post a picture later today but I decided on one of my blades I made from the broken 'lasagna' tanto which is now mounted with rattan handle.

My entry is in Christopher's Album thread.. didn't feel the need to start another thread since it wasn't actually a KITH knife.