Sign in to follow this  
matthewzeeb

Helios

Helios was the personification of the sun in Greek mythology. Helios was imagined as a handsome god crowned with the shining aureole of the sun, who drove the chariot of the sun across the sky each day and back down to earth circling Oceanus and, having traveled through the world ocean returned to the East at night. Like the sun that Helios personifies, the handle of this knife resembles the glowing, constantly changing surface of the sun, and the blade features a unique hexagon pattern.

Knife specs:

Overall length: 8.50" inches

Blade length: 4.00" inches

Blade material: 1075 Steel with Hexagon Pattern

Handle material: Stabilized Amboyna Burl with Brass Pins

Sheath: Brown Tooled Leather Pouch Sheath

Price: sold

Preferred form of payment: Paypal

If interested please feel free to email me at knifemakerzeeb@yahoo.com or visit my website at www.zeebknives.com

helios.jpg

helios-blade.jpg

helios-sheath.jpg

Edited by matthewzeeb

Helios was the personification of the sun in Greek mythology. Helios was imagined as a handsome god crowned with the shining aureole of the sun, who drove the chariot of the sun across the sky each day and back down to earth circling Oceanus and, having traveled through the world ocean returned to the East at night. Like the sun that Helios personifies, the handle of this knife resembles the glowing, constantly changing surface of the sun, and the blade features a unique hexagon pattern.

Knife specs:

Overall length: 8.50" inches

Blade length: 4.00" inches

Blade material: 1075 Steel with Hexagon Pattern

Handle material: Stabilized Amboyna Burl with Brass Pins

Sheath: Brown Tooled Leather Pouch Sheath

Price: $179.00

Preferred form of payment: Paypal

If interested please feel free to email me at knifemakerzeeb@yahoo.com or visit my website at www.zeebknives.com

That is certainly an eye catcher! How did you do the hexagon pattern?

That is certainly an eye catcher! How did you do the hexagon pattern?

It was acid etched into the blade after heat treat and before the handle was attached. I used prespaced vinyl cut out at a sign shop. Thanks for the kind words!