Natchez Bowie

Jason Taylor

I like it. I don't read a lot of knife publications but a while back I saw one, not as nice as yours, and thought cool, that's different. I really like the horn it's a nice touch. Jim

Beautiful shape, and materials...

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

• 4 months later...

Been out of the knife game for nearly a year now but finished this up last weekend and thought I would share. Hitachi suminagashi steel, walnut and horn. A very fine grained steel that takes a nice edge.

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

Where did you get the Hitachi suminagashi ????? Hard steel to find at least on Vancouver Island and everywhere else I have checked.

nice knife too, looks FAST!!!

The blacksmith and the artist reflect it in their art.

They forge their creativity,closer to the heart.

Where did you get the Hitachi suminagashi ????? Hard steel to find at least on Vancouver Island and everywhere else I have checked.

nice knife too, looks FAST!!!

the only place I know is dick tools in germany, shame no one in the states is importing it.

Reed in the Wind Forge

Which ever way the wind blows is cool with me

Welcome back! And with a flourish! Fine looking knife.

Troy Allen Christianson is NOT a "Licensed Bladesmith" so you may treat his posts with the contempt they deserve.

welcome back... and nice knife. good traditional shape, cool steel.

keep em coming if you are able...

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs