• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Ruslander

R.I.P. Ron Frazier

9 posts in this topic

It's with great sadness that I post that I lost my best friend tonight.

Ron Frazier, my mentor and friend passed away at 9:00 p.m. If you knew him and even if you didn't, his influence in the handmade knife world was monumental. I miss him.

Ron.jpg

Thank you for posting this.

His work is very inspirational. I have admired many of his pieces over the years.

I hope his passing was peaceful, and that he had his family and friends close.

Godspeed Ron.

--Dave

I am sorry to hear that Ron has passed. I always enjoyed looking at his work and the conversations that followed. He was a talented man.

I only met him once, back in 2006. Over that short weekend I came to realize he was a true kindred spirit as well as an incredible maker and generally nifty guy. I'm sorry to hear he's gone. :(

Sorry for your lose of a friend and mentor. Thank you for sharing with us.

kc

So sorry to hear this Mike. Ron would always liven up a group and had an infectious humor and great storytelling talent.

Jim

Edited by Jim Kelso

I offer my condolences to all who knew him. I was introduced to him and enjoyed his take on life. His work speaks for itself and is inspiring.