That's not a dagger, this is a dagger.......

Raymond Richard

Here's a little something I been messing with. Started out as an idea until I caught a little bit of "Ice Age" last week on the tube. Its not 100% finished but close. The blade was at one time a part of an old truck leaf spring. I'll get it finished next week. Got a one day show I'm heading to today. The blade is 2" wide and 9 1/2" long.

IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3904.JPG

Edited by Raymond Richard

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

That is a pretty sweet looking dagger. I have never been a fan of the forge finish but this just looks awesome. Is the maple dyed/stained or aqua fortis?

"Work is the curse of the drinking class...." (Wilde)

RAY --- I don't think I would mess up those hammers lines either.

I hope it is already heat-treated.

It takes concentration and control to keep a center line on both sides like this one.

Nice job

chuck

That is a pretty sweet looking dagger. I have never been a fan of the forge finish but this just looks awesome. Is the maple dyed/stained or aqua fortis?

The curly maple was sanded to 320 and then steel wooled. Right now its just got one coat of walnut Friblings spirits leather dye on it. I just went over it with steel wool when I took the photo. I'll probably hand sand the handle one more time and then dye it again and get it sealed.

sand pile, The blade is already heat treated. The blade finish will be pretty much like it is. I went to a lot of work making those forge marks. I plan to make more of this style blade except a little smaller next. Now to see if my old bones will hold up.

Edited by Raymond Richard

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

Ray,

It looks great. It looks like your hands are working well for forging. That blade design reminds me of a middle eastern style (can't think of the name). Things are well in the land of ice and snow (though there isn't much snow) The new granddaughter is doing great, though mom and dad aren't getting a lot of sleep yet.

Mike

Ray,

It looks great. It looks like your hands are working well for forging. That blade design reminds me of a middle eastern style (can't think of the name). Things are well in the land of ice and snow (though there isn't much snow) The new granddaughter is doing great, though mom and dad aren't getting a lot of sleep yet.

Mike

Hey Mike, Glad to hear you made it to Anchorage and everything is going good. Strange weather all over this year.

Ben, I bet you didn't tell me who you were while you were at the show. I started forging another shorter but similar blade after I got home. I'm pretty excited about this new knife design.

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

You were busy showing pics of your grand daughters to my wife, I didn't want to interupt. :D

I keep trying to make it to the 5160 club meeting, but life has been busy!

Once I take the photo's of my granddaughter Kylie out of my wallet knives now have little interest...... Now I remember you and your wife. I don't make it to the meeting except for maybe once a year if I'm the presenter. You need to get to one of the meeting if you can.

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

Very well done. Those two could not compliment each other better. I think leaving the blade as is works better than a super fine polish ever could have done ;) It fits with the style.

John

Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- my blog
-Nine Worlds Workshop-
-Last Apocalypse Forge-

Over all package very nice. I love the texture in that blade. And that piece of maple is beautiful.

Kip

Edited by Kip Kaiser

A man is no better than his word! Check out the web site @ www.thekaisercustomknives.com

very cool, Ray. You could buff the blade a little, maybe that would bring out some shine, huh? :D

take care,

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs