Here's the place to buy your files

nakedanvil

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000FF"][size="5"][b]Perfection[/b][/size]

[i][size="3"]is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.[/size][/i][/color][/font]

I have one of there pattern maker files I use for making bows and I can say it is the best file I have ever used. I use nicolson 49 and 50s but they arn't neer as nice . I let a few bowyer frinds try it out and now I have to sleep with one eye open.

Edited by steve m

I would never have thought that I would be emotionally moved by someone making a rasp.

Just goes to show ya-nothing is too humble to receive care in the making.

Thanks Grant

I have one of there pattern maker files I use for making bows and I can say it is the best file I have ever used. I use nicolson 49 and 50s but they arn't neer as nice . I let a few bowyer frinds try it out and now I have to sleep with one eye open.

Really. Wow. I love the 49-50s, so that must be incredible. Steve how would you describe the difference.

Besides the awesome skill at cutting teeth, I was most impressed with the tool he used for the quench to prevent warp. Something beefy, cold, with a place for the tip, and a lockdown at the ricasso. I am going to have to make me one of those.

Thanks for posting the video.

The Tidewater Forge

Christopher Price, Bladesmith

The one i have is finer than the 49 and 50 but cuts faster than eather one very uniform. It has way more teeth than the nicolsons and is wider with a longer taper to the point. I paid around $ 100,00 for it but it is my # 1 file when working on bows and finishing hawk handels. I was teaching kids to make bows at our state traditional archery gathering one year and it disapered out of my tool bag. Later I foud it on the ground in the wood shavings. Talk about being in a panick I thought I was going to cry in frunt of all the kids. Now I keep it locked in the car when I'm not using It.

Holy crap! I had read about how files used to be made. I didn't think anybody put teeth on by hand anymore. Now I want one, Jim