Bloom Steel Anglo- Scandinavian Knife

Here is an Anglo-Saxon/Scandinavian Belt and knife. The blade is bloom steel folded coarse. Handle is bronze ,blackened oak, and antler crown. This was a very quickly made Christmas present. I think it has a nice home spun feel to it. I took liberties drawing from both Anglo-Saxon and Viking cultures. The sheath and belt are tooled with staffordshire hoard images and the handle is carved with the same griping dog motif.

Jeff

PC230045.jpg

PC230046.jpg

PC230040.jpg

Edited by J. Helmes

Absolutely Gorgeous Jeff.

Seeing this is an absolute inspiration/motivation/kick-in-the-ass to push forward in my leather working skills.

I plan on drastically switching it up in some future work and doing some intricate leather work. Needed this beautiful example as a reminder to get at it... :)

Great work.

How'd you clean/prep the antler to get rid of the color in all the nooks and crannies? Bleach? Soap and water? It's a very clean, uniform color!

Thank you for the kind words folks!

Vaughn- The antler is ground almost to the crown and I cleaned the crown with 0000 steel wool. It is not as clean a in the pics which are kind of crappy I didnt spend any time sorting out light quality for them.