Sam Salvati

Triskele

Between heats working on making some tongs, I forged this guy. Again, no welding, all forged from one piece of 1" by 3/8" by 2.5" long. It's about 2.5" round.

394925_3067108327653_1561909122_2955236_1627490875_n.jpg

407859_3067108407655_1561909122_2955238_1184310354_n.jpg

That just looks like a lot of fun. A great trivet for the kitchen table.

Looks great. I agree you did a nice job on making the three arms look very similar.

Niels.

thanks guys. These are cool, fun to make and they have a lot of potential for different things. Trivets like Mike said, legs or a base for a candle holder, different things.

Nice forging, sir!

thanks Dave. I am thinking of incorporating this as a guard for a long thin stabby slashy sword.

okay now I want to see you forge an entire basket hilt from one piece of iron. then send it to me.

That's really cool Sam! Please do run some pictures next time. I'm interested in how you split that and ended up with three even legs.

while i was looking at hammer styles for yesterdays project, i saw a trivet in the mastermyr kit, not as nice as yours.... seems they've been around for a long time

http://netlabs.net/~osan/Mastermyr/ImageLib.html

you know what would be cool... make another but smaller.. and next time your at that fellas place with the big presses, you could press that form into your forging... then you'd have a sort of triskele symbol in the side of your work .... not sure if it'd work but it would be interesting if it did

Nice Job Sam. That is a great way to stay tunned up on your skills. I will have to try one Just to see if I can get close to what yours looks like.

while i was looking at hammer styles for yesterdays project, i saw a trivet in the mastermyr kit, not as nice as yours.... seems they've been around for a long time

http://netlabs.net/~...r/ImageLib.html

you know what would be cool... make another but smaller.. and next time your at that fellas place with the big presses, you could press that form into your forging... then you'd have a sort of triskele symbol in the side of your work .... not sure if it'd work but it would be interesting if it did

Warning, hijack...

Those 2 "unknown" at the bottom both look like ax drifts, to me... unless the scales are the same across all images, in which case they're too big. Certainly evokes the thought, though.

/hijack

Hijack continued: Yup, they sure do look like axe drifts. :huh: Did you also see Hammer #68? Nothing new under the sun. B) /hijack continue

Sam, I like it! Excellent forging.