Tong Making tutorial

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Alan.  I think Sam may just be confusing me with someone else.  That is easy to do with people that you only know via a forum, not real life.   Sam, I was only trying to point out that it

Soooo that means you're grudgingly making the video right?

It's not worth the effort, as I feel the prevailing attitude of most newbs to the forum has been quite entitled, a common theme hitting many. No one has yet to convince me otherwise in the end of this

Posted Images

I can see a difference in the tong by the jaw orientation, the order of of the tong bits are reversed ie. Left hand top jaw bit is on the left right its on the right. What the functional difference is I do not know.

Hello Rudolf,

the left tongs in your picture is made for holding in the right hand, because the thumb of the hand can "flip" more comfortalbe over the jaw, it´s more ergonomic.

Sorry for my bad english, I´m from germany - I hope you understand what I mean.

Peter

Hello Rudolf,

the left tongs in your picture is made for holding in the right hand, because the thumb of the hand can "flip" more comfortalbe over the jaw, it´s more ergonomic.

Sorry for my bad english, I´m from germany - I hope you understand what I mean.

Peter

Yes Peter you are correct, I put them that way in the photo to confuse people haha. left is for the right hand right for the left hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this! I had to make a quick hardy block to act as you power hammer tooling, but in two days I was able to make three pairs of tongs, bolt jaw, square jaw, and barstock jaw. I think the progression in creating them is rather clear by the final products!

InstagramCapture_844ad78b-892c-4f19-95cb-c9c2bc1e7167.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sam, It was a pleasure meeting you at the New England Hammerin a couple weeks ago. Is there any chance you could reload the pictures for this? It seems they are broken again.

Thanks,

Rich B

Why do the pictures keep disappearing? I've had several people tell me this would be a great way for me to make my tongs but, as we all know, words only go so far.

Edited by M. Cochran
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried Chrome and Explorer both, and i can't get any of the images to show up.

Someone please re-post the pictures!

• 2 months later...

Sam, I know it's been asked before, but is there any chance you can get the pictures for this tutorial back up and working?

I for one (and on behalf of many I'm sure) would really like to see your process.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...