Back in the game

Jziegenbein

Hey all, forgive my absence for the past year or so. My life suddenly became exponentially complex with school, scouts, and band eating up all of my spare time.

But that's beside the point, I finally cranked the forge back up and began a new project.

I started out with a large ball bearing, forged the outer race into a bar and just went with the shape as it happened. I was going more for gaining practice with this knife than really trying anything new.

I triple normalized and triple quenched the blade in hot oil, then tempered 2 1hour sessions at 400F, sanded up to 600grit

The handle is made from some scrap canvas micarta I had laying around

The Dimensions:

Blade - 4 1/8" long, 1" wide at the widest

Handle - 3 3/8" long

The spine tapers from 4mm at the ricasso to 1mm at the tip

OAL - 7 1/2" long

Anyway here are a few mediocre pictures

downsized_0126121613b.jpg

downsized_0126121613a.jpg

downsized_0126121613.jpg

downsized_0126121612.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

jared - good to see you back. I love to make knives like that. They are so much fun. I like to balance a couple of difficult projects and then a couple of fun ones. Not the difficult can't be fun... I just happen to have reached a point where making blades with full-tang and pinned handles is a blast.

that one looks cool. I have never used canvas micarta, believe it or not.

good job. Hope to see you around more.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

Jared, welcome back. Great little knife.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots