Sign in to follow this  
Saign Charlestein

Hello from WA

Hi, My names Saign (sane is how you pronounce it) I was told about this place by a friend, he said I would like it over here. I recently moved to to WA from the LA area. I am/was a propmaker in the film industry. I don't plan on doing that much up here but every once in a while if I get called on a big job I may go work for a bit.

I'm not much of a bladesmith as almost every blade I've made for the film industry has been aluminum. I do mostly stock removal, but am building a new forge which should be done any day, and plan on learning how to pattern weld. There are some talented bladesmiths on here and I look forward to learning and sharing what I can.

The forge I'm building is a chopped up propane tank with a 1" hybrid burner, 2" kaowool soaked and coated with mizou. Just firebricks for the doors right now. I think it should be fine for welding.

I've attached a couple recent things I've done, and you can watch for me on the mythbusters new show that's going to air in march http://blog.makezine.com/2012/01/23/unchained-reaction-a-new-maker-friendly-show/ ....and we were the ones who made the guillotine:blink:

Hi Saign and welcome. I'm glad to see you made it here. I think you'll like it.

The Phrygian helmet is awesome.

Looking forward to your new direction.

Jim

Welcome to the forums! I work in Tacoma and live 30 miles south in the Bald Hills/Rainier area. My shop is open to anyone that likes to make messes and burn metal.

Welcome. I live in the Duvall area, East end of King County, North of T-town. I'm open to visits as well, any time.

Geoff

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'd love to hook up with some local smiths, I'll shoot you guys PMs and maybe we can bang on something soon:D

Saign, any chance of you posting the mempo? :mellow:

I just got some stones in today and am about to go back in and finish it...maybe a WIP

Hi welcome to the forum and WA. I live in Everett you can allways stop by any time

Very Welcome!

I much like the work you do and especially the Phrygian helmet. Good shape on that! I am sorry if I missed the detail, but was it raised from bronze sheet? A nice patina to boot!

Looking forward to see more of your work. It is inspiring.

(also looking forward to hear your review of those stones. I need a better supply)

Thanks Peter, The Phrygian Helmet started as a 18" disk of .065" copper sheet. I'm glad you like it.

Hello Saign,

Another fellow Washingtonian here down in Longview. That helmet is brilliant!