steve m

knife vise

Here are some photos of my knife vise. The swivel set up as you can see in the photos is made in out of a trailer hitch ball. The vise is made out of aluminum and HTML plastic and I used bicycle quick releases to make clamping the blade or Tang fast and easy.

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

Thanks I hope it gives you some ideas. I always enjoy when other people post pictures of homemade tools and tooling. Making your own tools allows you to customize them the way you like them and saves money. Mattie my red healer thanks you for asking me to give her a treat.

Edited by steve m

Nice vise Steve but might I suggest that you put a support plate underneath the blade, thats a dangerous situation with that blade point exposed like that. Drop something on the floor and not pay attention and you could end up running into it. Been there , almost done that. Just a thought.

Jerry

good idea Jerry I have ben a little conserned about that. I make shure to not leave the knife in the vise when not working on it. but things can happen so a gard is probabley wise.

Awesome, very clever! I brought home an old 2" ball, that I knew I was saving for something, today from work. I'm working on building a couple benches this weekend to move the mill and make room for knifemaking stuff, I'm gonna build one of these as well. Thanks for sharing!

Zeb