KITH 2012

Kip Kaiser

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhhhh an eating set would be a fun change. that gets my vote.

also, whatever the theme, if it's within my capabilities, then i'll definitely be in.

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I really like the idea of an historical EDC. In my opinion an edc can be anything from a skinner to an eating knife. It can be as fancy or plain as you'd like it to be.

I agree it could be a round tip sailors knife or a gardener's grafting knife, or ...

Im in I really want to do my spork and knife eating set. I have the perfect piece of white tale for the handle. Just say GO!!!

Kip

A man is no better than his word! Check out the web site @ www.thekaisercustomknives.com

I am THERE. I like the historical range. I have really wanted to explore the bauernwehr lately (in fact i have another one two-thirds done on my bench right now). Not the opulent, high-end one some wealthy people had (which I probably couldn't make, anyway - that's JD's line of skill, not mine). I mean, the knives that were working knives and also home defense for the average person. That is where my current interest is. This range gives everything from the wee seaxs, to folders with or without springs, eating untensils, messers and bauernwehrs (they were mostly work tools that sometimes became weapons, not the kriegs messer or grosse messer). Any many, many more I am not thinking of. It is good for me. It feeds the history dork within, as well as the bladesmith.

Let's do it!

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

I'm in. I really like the EDC ideal. However, making a non knife item would be a new challenge. I'll jump on what ever is chosen.

CUSTOM KNIVES BY JL RHODES

JLRKNIVES

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless you. I thank God every day for the freedom to spend time with those I love, and time to pursue this craft.

"Adversity is a test for strong men."

"What one man can do, so can another."

"NO excuses, just do better next time."

Sounds like most everyone is into the idea of items made to be used, specifically based on something historical. Could we say the theme would be something like... everyone makes a knife and a non knife item that go together in a set (like an eating set, or stuff used for skinning/tanning, or whatever you can think of) based on historical examples.

I don't know that might be too complex.... I guess anyone who can articulate the idea a little better, or pare down some of the elements into a concrete KITH idea feel free to do so.

I like the idea of non-knife. Among other things, it would give me an excuse to try making a hawk

Sounds like most everyone is into the idea of items made to be used, specifically based on something historical. Could we say the theme would be something like... everyone makes a knife and a non knife item that go together in a set (like an eating set, or stuff used for skinning/tanning, or whatever you can think of) based on historical examples.

I don't know that might be too complex.... I guess anyone who can articulate the idea a little better, or pare down some of the elements into a concrete KITH idea feel free to do so.

My favorite idea so far. this way you have a knife element, but you also get to make a set, everyones happy!

I agree with Dillon, My favorite idea yet.

I want to take part and am still waiting on a short sale to get a new home so I can rebuild my forge and shop. I have been homeless since the Monument Fire in Arizona last June burned my home and forge to the ground. We are hoping to close the end of this month and then I have to go and get my forge equipment from Arizona and bring it back an start the new forge and shop build.

That is why I had suggested Valentine's Day 2013 for the swap.

Is there some reason to rush this to completion?

Edited by Sam D.