What do you guys think

Anthony C

Hey everyone, I have a question for all of you. I signed on for the KITH and started forging an elvish blade. It cracked in the quench, so I started a second, which I only got through rough shaping when I ended up with a bulged disk in my back. So forging has not been possible for the last few months. I was going to bow out earlier but the better half pushed me to come up with a different idea. I ended up grinding a smaller blade instead. This is the blade of Ben Gunn, he found it amongst the treasure in Captain Flint’s chest while stranded on treasure island…………….

The 1/8th” blade is 3 3/4” long with a 4 1/8” carved walnut handle with mother of pearl inlays and a bronze bolster and a simple “scandi” style sheath.

Since I did not get to forge this one it is up to you guys if you would like me to enter it.

Let me know what you think.

Anthony.

carving bottom.jpg

upright.jpg

"Work is the curse of the drinking class...." (Wilde)

Forging is not a requirement for the KITH, as far as I know. That is a lovely puukko!

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

A.) Beautiful knife!

B.) I salute your persistence and hope your back recovers quickly. Back injuries are all kinds of not fun.

James Helm - Helm Enterprises, Forging Division

Come see me at the Blade Show! Table 26R.

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

My blog dedicated to the metalwork I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com/

No they are not! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I think it's a sweet puukko, I'd be happy to receive that (and would use it, probably!)

My hand-forged knives and tools at Etsy.com: http://www.etsy.com/shop/oldschooltools

Thanks guys for the kind words! For some reason I thought they needed to be forged :wacko:

yes, definitely! i would be super pleased to have the luck of winning such a fine knife!

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I got the knife in the mail the other day and I must say, it looks even better in person... :)

Excellent knife man! It would make a perfect EDC but I think I may reserve it for special occasions only, it is too nice to dirty up too much.

The carving and inlay is top notch, as is the sheath...

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

i am in envy of your puukko i have not made or or attempted one . it is awesome ! I have always wanted one . beautiful carving and inlay work

Sam

Robert D. Yates , 13 & On Forge

Hey George I am glad you like it, it means quite a lot to me. This knife was fun to do.

It was great to be able to take part in this exchange with so many other talented smiths.

Thanks again for all the kind word guys!

Anthony

Edited by Anthony C