Anthony C

What do you guys think

Hey everyone, I have a question for all of you. I signed on for the KITH and started forging an elvish blade. It cracked in the quench, so I started a second, which I only got through rough shaping when I ended up with a bulged disk in my back. So forging has not been possible for the last few months. I was going to bow out earlier but the better half pushed me to come up with a different idea. I ended up grinding a smaller blade instead. This is the blade of Ben Gunn, he found it amongst the treasure in Captain Flint’s chest while stranded on treasure island…………….

The 1/8th” blade is 3 3/4” long with a 4 1/8” carved walnut handle with mother of pearl inlays and a bronze bolster and a simple “scandi” style sheath.

Since I did not get to forge this one it is up to you guys if you would like me to enter it.

Let me know what you think.

Anthony.

carving bottom.jpg

upright.jpg

Forging is not a requirement for the KITH, as far as I know. That is a lovely puukko!

A.) Beautiful knife!

B.) I salute your persistence and hope your back recovers quickly. Back injuries are all kinds of not fun.

No they are not! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I think it's a sweet puukko, I'd be happy to receive that (and would use it, probably!)

Thanks guys for the kind words! For some reason I thought they needed to be forged :wacko:

No you can not enter it. ;) You must send it to me for disposal. :rolleyes:

Its a fine looking knife and its new owner will enjoy it :excl:

I got the knife in the mail the other day and I must say, it looks even better in person... :)

Excellent knife man! It would make a perfect EDC but I think I may reserve it for special occasions only, it is too nice to dirty up too much.

The carving and inlay is top notch, as is the sheath...

i am in envy of your puukko i have not made or or attempted one . it is awesome ! I have always wanted one . beautiful carving and inlay work

Sam

Hey George I am glad you like it, it means quite a lot to me. This knife was fun to do.

It was great to be able to take part in this exchange with so many other talented smiths.

Thanks again for all the kind word guys!

Anthony

Edited by Anthony C