Red hot Hawk!

Troy Christianson

I really mean it! Normalizing a hawk head. I'm getting addicted to these little guys. I had a chance to use my new Sam Salvati tongs on this one. Made holding on to it a whole lot easier. Thanks Sam!

SamsTongs011.jpg

SamsTongs002.jpg

Troy Allen Christianson is NOT a "Licensed Bladesmith" so you may treat his posts with the contempt they deserve.

that's looking sweet! i like the shape of the eye especially. what steel is it?

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Great looking hawk! I gotta try one of these some day.

It was a ballpeen hammer in a former life. It is 4140 steel....I think. :unsure:

SamsTongs012.jpg

Troy Allen Christianson is NOT a "Licensed Bladesmith" so you may treat his posts with the contempt they deserve.

Very clean forging.

I look forward to seeing that one finished.

What a super pic...awesome. Nice shape on that one, I also look forward to the finished product!

Them's some pretty tongs, too...I could use some box-jaw ones like that. Hmmm...;)

My hand-forged knives and tools at Etsy.com: http://www.etsy.com/shop/oldschooltools

That is a great looking hawk. I've tried a few and have yet to get the hang of it to my satisfaction. Yours has great lines and liek the rest, I can barely wait to see it finished.

Clint

Very cool shape Troy!!! Glad you like the tongs

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots