• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heh heh heh.... ;)

Don't think I don't know what you're up to, me lad! :lol:

What I want to know is this secret to low-temp welding you mention. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

http://thenewhearth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/relics.html

new post,

i will also be using the blog to introduce some of the objects ive catalouged to the community

heres the start of all that.

the axe shown is truly special to me. and I would be grateful if Jim would take a look because there are some extremely unusual aspects that i would like to discuss

thanks

edit- spellin's!!

Edited by Josh Burrell

Onen Hag Ol.

• 3 weeks later...

Some good stuff on there Josh. I was a Derbyshire lad before I emigrated, makes us practically neighbours :)

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims

• 2 weeks later...

Ey-up Josh - I always lived in the little mining villages in Derbyshire, I never went to Derby as in the city much if I could help it ( I'm a country boy :) )

Now and again we'd have a ride out on the bikes to the Rockhouse ( is that place still going ? ) - and there was another rock nightclub I can't remember the name of, used to be run by the Road Tramps MC, or maybe by that time they'd patched over to the Outlaws MC. Whatever :)

Up until a few years ago there was a model engineering supplier in Normanton in Derby ( they may still be operating, but Des the owner was knocking on a bit so I do wonder ) - I can't remember the name for the life of me, but it's near the Mosque :ph34r::rolleyes:

Anyway, they had an amazing selection of cheap offcuts of non-ferrous metals and second hand engineering tools. No high carbon except silver steel, but they did have it in square section rather than the usual round. Probably worth checking out.

Love your latest knife, apart from the pattern welding it looks like it was robbed from a display case at the Royal Armouries :)

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims

Love your latest knife, apart from the pattern welding it looks like it was robbed from a display case at the Royal Armouries :)

thanks! yeah, im not sure i wouldve done it with pattern welding another time round. , but it just kind of happend that way.

i will make another one one day i think

good tip on the offcuts

Onen Hag Ol.