SPARE BLADESMITH PATCHES NEEDED

Hey guys and gals,

Does anyone out there have any spare patches or clothing with embroidered bladesmithing designs? Even if it is just a worn out, old, shirt with an embroidered design that could be cut out and used as a patch. Or can someone direct us to where we could buy a patch? I thought the ABS store had patches but, they don't and it seems exorbitant to buy a shirt or hat just to cut up.

Our daughter is competing in the National Nebraska and Iowa Scholarship Program Pageant and needs at least one for her Personal Expression Competition. This is a fun competition. Contestants decorate a pair of jeans to express who they are. Include all of the fun things that you like to do, character qualities, achievements etc. The jeans are then modeled on stage during the final competition.

Our daughter works with her dad in the shop and needs something that's big enough to put on her jeans. We can pay for mailing.

Thanks for any help you can give,

~Bruce & Theresa~

Edited by B. Norris

“All work is empty save when there is love, for work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran

"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Sorry. I don't have anything. I looked on etsy.com. There were a few on there, but probably not in a reasonable price range for a project like this.

CUSTOM KNIVES BY JL RHODES

JLRKNIVES

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless you. I thank God every day for the freedom to spend time with those I love, and time to pursue this craft.

"Adversity is a test for strong men."

"What one man can do, so can another."

"NO excuses, just do better next time."

I don't have anything either, sorry. I would be more than happy to make a few branded leather patches, though, if you are interested.

John

Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- my blog
-Nine Worlds Workshop-
-Last Apocalypse Forge-

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John for the patch!

~Bruce & Theresa~

“All work is empty save when there is love, for work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran

"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Hi Everyone!

Here are the jeans that our daughter used for personal expression. Unfortunately, John's patch didn't arrive in time to be sewn on. On the positive side though, Michaela made it into the Top 5 and will be going on to Nationals in San Antonio, Texas in July. This means she has to decorate a whole new pair of jeans (front & back this time) and show them off on stage, so we'll sew John's patch on them.

All the Oriental stuff is on the right leg, and non-oriental stuff on the left. Here's a breakdown on what the pics represent: She practices 2 types of martial arts, loves anime and sushi, her motto (in Japanese: fall down 7 times, get up 8), is a tea drinker, loves fans, and ikebana (flower arranging). She performs middle eastern dance, is crazy about horses, helps her dad with smithing, thinks she's artistic, loves reading and camping/traveling.

Hope you like 'em.

~Bruce & Theresa~

<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Aikido Jeans.jpg

Iaido Cherry Blossom Jeans.jpg

Japanese Fan Tea Set.jpg

Dancer Flower Horse Jeans.jpg

Smithing Jeans.jpg

Camping Reading Arts Jeans.jpg

Whoops! Forgot the Jean section with Sushi and stuff. Here it is.

Sushi Anime Japanese Proverb Jeans.jpg

Congrats on making it to the top 5! Sorry I couldn't get the patch there sooner, it should be there any day now. Best of luck to Michaela at Nationals!

John

Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- my blog
-Nine Worlds Workshop-
-Last Apocalypse Forge-