New knife: grubby poacher with tattoo... on motives old alpin hunting knives. Carbon steel, deer antler, leather and old iron, 25cm, blade 115x30x4,5mm, partial hardening.

Thank you for any comments... :)

raubir1m.jpg

Raubírm.jpg

Man that looks great. Love the carving on the back, bet it fits in the hand real nice. I like how the design trails off to the side, because it breaks the formal pattern and seems almost like it would give some more traction where the thumb might rest.

Beautiful and rustic knife Peto. when i first looked at it i thought it was an integral bolster.nice carving on the antler.the butt cap also looks very unique ...to sum it up nice job :)

I like how the design trails off to the side, because it breaks the formal pattern and seems almost like it would give some more traction where the thumb might rest.

Yes... it was a plan... :)

Much thanks for your words.

Beautiful knife. Reminds me of autumn camping, skinning hares, filleting brook trout, and roasting them over the fire. The sheath could use a little breaking in, I think, to match the look of the knife, but that will come with time, I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

what a nice knife. I love the styling!

kc

I love the complete package. It makes me realize my need to work one my forging skills, very nicely done!!!

Kip