larry harley

larry harley

HAMMERIN

This years featured demonstrators will be  Tai Goo, , Howard Clark, and Rick Furr.

The focus of the whole weekend will be damascus in all its many forms

We will also try to keep a tatara oven going most all weekend

The event will take place March ,11th,12th and 13 th of 2005 at Lonesome Pine Forge (Larry Harley's). I will try to provide lunch Sat. if i can work out the details Cost of the event is $75 and a bag of REAL wood charcoal,imited to the 50 participants. Preregistration is required. PLEASE pre register so I can keep track of the # of participants. For more information or to register, contact Larry Harley by clicking here. or by downloading registration form and sending it along with fee.

This event will be geared toward a small informal gathering rather than a large hammer-in filled with nothing but demonstrations.

I am asking all participants to bring projects you are working on and I'm also asking that you bring something that didn't quite workout or something you are having trouble with or questions about.This should facilitate the leaning experience.

We will also have an iron in the hat Sat. afternoon. Please bring something for the iron in the hat.

Sunday afternoon will be free to the general public.

We will have a a round table and a knife show so bring knives

I will have several forging stations set up so that participants will have the opportunity for hands-on after demos. Please bring your own steel.

There are several cheap no-tell motels close by

There's been a rumor floating around that there are several pickers and players showing up. If you play an instrument, please feel free to bring it and pick with us.

Register Here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to www.Mapquest.com and type in 348 Deerfield Drive Bristol, TN

for directions from where you are.  

Go Back

©2001, Lonesome Pine Knives

Guest Tai

Along with the damascus stuff, I'll be doing a demo on forging to shape, integral, with aromatic vibrations. :)

I'll try and get a hard case so I can bring my guitarrone and do some hillbilly pick'n. :)

this yrs hammerin is shapeing up to be a blast

a lot of guys from this forum will be there

tai

howard

poindexter

jake

randal???

mr fikes

and i wont invite him because i,m afrade of bad karma, mabey don

hey jimmy throw mr fogg in the back seat when u start this way

harley

Guest Tai

Don't worry Harley I can balance out ALL the bad Karma with ALL my good Karma!

(...as long as you promise to protect me from all the big hairy swordsmiths). hee hee hee :P

Hey, Larry...

Not to worry.  Don's in the bag... er.. in the back seat, I mean.

And the next time ya call me 'Mr', mister... I'm gonna scrape off the beard with one of those things Tai calls knives.  It won't be pleasant.  No... hey... wait.  You're that big guy.  Forget I mentioned beard scraping :laugh:

Looks like this shindig is gonna turn out to be a lot of fun... especially now that Tai is gonna balance my karma.  I really think it needs a whole front end alignment.  Why... I'll bet with that done, I'd drive as good as new. WFT

Jimmy

How come steve bailed?... havn't talked to him in years, I was looking forward to seeing him again.  Sounds like it'll be a blast... more roast pig for us :P

Hey, Larry...

Not to worry.  Don's in the bag... er.. in the back seat, I mean.

And the next time ya call me 'Mr', mister... I'm gonna scrape off the beard with one of those things Tai calls knives.  It won't be pleasant.  No... hey... wait.  You're that big guy.  Forget I mentioned beard scraping :laugh:

Looks like this shindig is gonna turn out to be a lot of fun... especially now that Tai is gonna balance my karma.  I really think it needs a whole front end alignment.  Why... I'll bet with that done, I'd drive as good as new. WFT

Jimmy

this is my 5th hammerin 3 ive charged for

and i,m more excited about it than the first one

its like ahveing all your friends of fro a knife party

steve bailed cause hes got so much worke to do i guess

he ought to stop and smell some flowers along the way:)

well just have a good time w out him

id like to invite don but if i do i,m afrade he wont be able to make it

so jim is assigned the task of fogg watch:)

sorry about the mister mister

i ahd a flash back to 1959 when i used to hear my dad call others mr.

we hillbillies r a polite bunch

we r  armed

How come steve bailed?... havn't talked to him in years, I was looking forward to seeing him again.  Sounds like it'll be a blast... more roast pig for us

harly  u   r   a polit felloew.

Hey man; what have you been doing. I am going to do my level best to get over there this year. I have to be in CA the weekend before for Red's Symposium. I am getting spread kinda thin. Would be a blast to see how you REAL hillbillies do it. take care man

harly  u   r   a polit felloew.

Hey man; what have you been doing. I am going to do my level best to get over there this year. I have to be in CA the weekend before for Red's Symposium. I am getting spread kinda thin. Would be a blast to see how you REAL hillbillies do it. take care man

hey mike:)

it would warm the cockels  cokels of my heart to see u in east tn!!!

shame i cant have my hammerin when the leaves r on the trees

i wish u could seeeee the green

okies r more than welcome:)

will i see u at the ark show

me and richard will be there

think i can sell them ol bent  persian knives i make??

rich has made some ark bowies and hunters

2 parrallel lines top and bottom

cliped point

oval guard  

he will do well lol

harley

darth possum

harley

Larry, I would love to attend, but I know that it's not going to be possible. :(

I was even looking at mapquest and thinking to myself

"well it's only 48 hours of solid driving, that's doable." Until the brain reminded me that it's also 48 hours driving home. Bang Head

Have fun guys, and post lots of pics.

Happy hammering. :)

Larry,

I cant seem to get to the sign up sheet on your site.  Is there any more room for me or are you full up?

Larry,

I cant seem to get to the sign up sheet on your site.  Is there any more room for me or are you full up?

++++joe i got plenty of room for y

harley

Hey Larry, I got the plane tickets sorted,  I'm comming for sure!

this is the first hammerin I will have a chance to attend in the last three years.  woohoo!

lets have a forge-B-Q

mabe we could get Chuck from NC to do a lecture on growing a really good beard.

Hey Larry, I got the plane tickets sorted,  I'm comming for sure!

this is the first hammerin I will have a chance to attend in the last three years.  woohoo!

lets have a forge-B-Q

mabe we could get Chuck from NC to do a lecture on growing a really good beard.

jake thats great!!!!!

i,m getn excited!!!!!

harley

lucky buggers, you Americans are.

Seems like there's always some sort of hammerin somewhere in the US quite regularly , and there's always top craftsmen around at these kind of things

lucky buggers, you Americans are.

Seems like there's always some sort of hammerin somewhere in the US quite regularly , and there's always top craftsmen around at these kind of things

deltas ready when u r!!:)

harley

Monty,

Doc Price has set up a hammerin for this Easter and I am coming, Hank Knickmeier, and rumors of others too. It should be a good one. Check in with the guys at British Blades

I haven't been to England in twenty years and am looking forward to the trip.

The Colony Strikes Back    :D

Monty,

Doc Price has set up a hammerin for this Easter and I am coming, Hank Knickmeier, and rumors of others too. It should be a good one. Check in with the guys at British Blades

I haven't been to England in twenty years and am looking forward to the trip.

Oh I'm already on it Don.  :)  

Spoke to Doc a few days ago and my cheque's on its way to him this week to secure a place at this thing .

Though I've messed about with various aspects of the craft I've never done any forging yet, so I might just wait till then.

After all, what better way to start off smithing than by learning from as bunch of top craftsmen .

I'm lookin forward to it  :)