Hey all- I've been busy doing some real experimenting making steel in addition to trying to wrap up a nice blade or two.

But I did finally get these rings done... I want to do more of them!

My own stainless damascus, 18k yellow gold and 12 rubies.

damrubyringsweb.jpg

Edited by J.Arthur Loose

$.$ <--- dollar signs in the eyes!!!! love those, i have thaught about trying jelery but i think it would test me patience

Thanks, everyone. I'm definitely going to be making & marketing more like these.

Garrett- I can't pick! ;) I do like the larger one because the stones go around it more, but I like the smaller one because the moments of stones interacting with pattern are really interesting. :)

Good looking rings J.

I think emeralds would look even better (because green is my favorite color ;)) . I've seen smaller, faceted chrome diopside stones from Russia recently that look even better than emeralds, and are a fraction of the price of emeralds of the same clarity/color.

I've rarely posted, but I wanted to chime in that these are great...JA did my own wedding ring, a "simple" stainless damascus with white gold liner, and I love it. It gets compliments all the time.

In fact, since buying this ring from him and getting married, I've gotten into jewelry and now work full-time in the field...the amazing work from Mr Loose and on this forum in general played no small part in that.

Hey thanks, Dwayne & Fox.

Dwayne it's nice to know we're all inspiring each other here on The Forum!

Fox & Sean- I mean to be doing more colorful stones... though I'm a huge fan of the red & gold. These rubies are really purple / pink, though in the right light they really flash!

I have a garnet / gold ring with one stone and a few more in the eventual works... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Matt. Your gold is on the way! :)