Lee Sauder

Bloomery Smelting Movie

Hey y'all-

Last winter a very talented filmmaker, Ken Koons, came to my place and followed me and my pals Steve Mankowski and Shel Browder (of Colonial Williamsburg) as we mined ore, made charcoal, smelted iron, converted iron to steel, and made an Hudson's Bay pattern felling axe.

This is a documentary, not a how-to video, but I think even the experienced smelters among you will find much of interest here.

Available at:

https://www.createspace.com/336053

ore to axe small.jpg

Hey y'all-

Last winter a very talented filmmaker, Ken Koons, came to my place and followed me and my pals Steve Mankowski and Shel Browder (of Colonial Williamsburg) as we mined ore, made charcoal, smelted iron, converted iron to steel, and made an Hudson's Bay pattern felling axe.

This is a documentary, not a how-to video, but I think even the experienced smelters among you will find much of interest here.

Available at:

https://www.createspace.com/336053

Cool!!

Ordered and on it's way

I really enjoyed watching the DVD while traveling. It's very nicely done. I have not tried the experiment of showing it to my wife though :-)

Niels.

This is the perfect after-dinner show with a beer. The guys really take you back to the 1800s. Kudos to the makers.

This is the perfect after-dinner show with a beer. The guys really take you back to the 1800s. Kudos to the makers.

Taking Jesus' advice.

Dinner of grilled chicken and corn finished-Check

Movie in-Check

Headphones on-Check

Glass of Reposado Tequila next to me- Double check

Catch Ya'll on the morrow.

Hey Folks-

There's now a youtube trailer for the movie that you can see at

This one's not quite long enough for a beer, Jesus. Well, maybe the first beer on a hot day.

Lee