Here is the second katana from the hot oil heat treat.

Forged sanmai blade. Shingane 1050 steel. Kawagane folded cable steel. Differentially heat treated. All the fittings are based on the theme of the chevron representative of the coat of arms of the owner. Suguha hamon. The ito wrap is extended to the saya and pinned down with decorative copper fittings.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Oh, my, that's beautiful! :o Particularly wicked kissaki, too. B) I suspect that in person a fellow could get lost in the zen of that cable hada... :blink:

Yowza.. the hada is fantastic. A very appropriate choice in the suguha considering.

Beautiful work once again.

If I missed it, is there a discussion about your hot oil heat treat somewhere?

outstanding, Jesus. I was looking at a cable blade with Ricky yesterday and talking about how well you made them. This is wonderful. Not to mention the pioneering experiments with the hot oil. That hamon came out really well.

I spent several hours trying to make my second blade collar ever, and I really like that habaki.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

kc

So nice...it all works together very nicely. That habaki is especially appealing. Jesus, your blades have a very genuine look to them. The hada on this one is really exceptional!

How many times do you fold the cable after it's welded up?

Just once, Zeb.

A very appropriate choice in the suguha considering.

You have a very good aesthetic view.

If I missed it, is there a discussion about your hot oil heat treat somewhere?

Here it is: Positive curve with oil

Beautiful work Jesus. If possible, I'm sure we'd all love to see an overall shot of the bare blade. She looks very pretty all dressed up. ;)

Sorry about that Garret, I don't have one after polishing and the blade is already packed and ready for shipping. I dug this picture which was taken after rough grinding if it helps.

27.jpg

and a picture of the fittings before mounting.

23.jpg