Dirk project with Luke Shearer

I have finally finished the awesome dirk that Luke Shearer made, I made the sheath and handle. The handle was originally going to have a lot of carving, but I was not happy with any of the handle and the first 3 had huge mess ups so I finally decided just to make it really simple and use awesome cherry burl, there is also mine and Lukes initials in Tolkiens "Moon Runes" on each side of the handle carved with a v chisel. I carved a small cross into the back of the handle. The sheath is red oak that I stained, its lined with sheep fleece and has a belt loop made from sheep hide that is died dark brown. Would love any criticism, Thanks!

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06331.jpg

DSC06335.jpg

DSC06336.jpg

DSC06338.jpg

DSC06339.jpg

DSC06340.jpg

DSC06341.jpg

Edited by Matt Waters

Stuff like this makes me want to make knives all day. However, you show the one art piece you make for fun and everyone wants something. I love the primitive look!

I don't know Matt.

I recall Don Fogg once saying that part of the skill set a knife/blademaker needed to learn in this day and age was how to deal with pictures (resizing). So you should probably have a read around how to resize pictures so that one of the Mods or Admins doesn't have to do extra work around here. I find it to be just basic etiquette these days. Hope you don't mind me saying it but I'm sure some of the folks around feel the same.

Nice looking Dirk btw.

I don't know Matt.

I recall Don Fogg once saying that part of the skill set a knife/blademaker needed to learn in this day and age was how to deal with pictures (resizing). So you should probably have a read around how to resize pictures so that one of the Mods or Admins doesn't have to do extra work around here. I find it to be just basic etiquette these days. Hope you don't mind me saying it but I'm sure some of the folks around feel the same.

Nice looking Dirk btw.

I'm really sorry about the pictures being so large I will take down these and get smaller ones up, thanks for the reply!