Sign in to follow this  
R.H.Graham

New Website

Hi folks

Re-did the website while I was recovering, got it up and de-bugged ( i think) this mornin, so if any of ya are so inclined, take a look and tell me which parts suck and which parts don't suck too much...

:P

be gentle, I'm sensitive... http://www.rhgraham.com

Looks very nice to me.

The pics show off the work quite well.

Love the embellishment on the "Irish Ring Hilt".

One of the sword hamons looks like a lightning storm.

Very nice work! Super

Looks good to me too! I'm looking forwad to additions to the various sections (especially the gallery and the "My Craft" section) and pictures in the available section, (I see where you noted they'd be added later today).

That Irish Ring Hilt sword is quite nice. Is it a recently finished piece?

Ring hilt was from last year, one of my favorites. got some more Euroswords on the bench but you guys got me hot fer makin knives again so I might have to do some of those first

:D

Nice pics, is there some birdseye in the maple grip besides the curly figure or are my eyes deceiving me?

Sweetness, Randal. I like it. At least you got some good out of bein' laid up. Super

But we needs more pictures...more looks at that bodacious stuff you can make. I like the black background...makes for a nice backdrop for pix and stuff.

Merry Christmas!

Brian

geez, went to the shop, got a longsword all fitted up fer new fancy clothes, set up some pegs in my wall and got it all set up to take some good pics.... and left the friggin camera on the bench.:angry:

...shoulda had my brain scanned while they were at it...

anyway, thanks guys, appreciate ya'll takin a look and giving some feedback. It helps alot.

Al, the eyes are just from some side-grain showing, that was some pretty high-end maple... came from a stand just north-west of truro as a matter of fact. I wish I had some big slabs left but what I have now is just enough for handleslabs mostly.

Nice evolution Randal.  Funny motivator though...I hope I dont' have to pay that price to get a website up.

Looking good, did you write it yourself?  The code is nice and clean and in all honesty a little more advanced than anything I'd be able to do.  But that's pretty much the same with averything you make! :D

Oz

ditto.. !

it's lookin very snappy...  

maybe a little more in the gallery...  your stuff is primo

take care

Greg

Got the pics up on the available page... they are big n a little slow.

It's kinda frustrating... on the web end of things folks whine about keeping everything tiny so it loads quick and stuff... on the buyer end everyone wants huge so they can see every little file-mark and dust-speck... I guess I went in between.

In any case, it took me at least 40 hours per blade to get it done, proofed, pictured and uploaded... I think it ain't too much to ask for a minute of patience while they load up... I'd like folks to see what they are getting afterall.

What do you guys think?

Nice job Randal.

One way to work around the size limitations is to offer a larger image to those who want to download it and leave the main site with the faster more efficient file.

Photographing the hamon and larger blades is really difficult. I have read and tried everything, but still am unhappy with the results. I would love to see the set up they use in Japan.

you oughta try getting the hamon on a blade that's 320 grit  ???

Of all the crazy stuff I tried in the shop the only one that worked decent was catching the sun through the window on my wood stove.

Go figure...

Yeah, that's a great idea Don, I think I'll link to big-uns in the future.

Dear Mr. Graham,

SOmebody got to be the voice of reason here. All these guys patting backs and shaking hands. Well somebody gotta stand up.

I don like your site at all. All them pretty sords glistening in the sun..all sharp and dangerous...jeez...somebody could get cut...just leaving them lying on the stove like that. And another thing...what's the deal with all that fancy whiz bang photograpghy? Perfect pictures showing every detail...well it just ain't done...every perfessional knows a good picture ain't right unless you get the edge of yer thumbin the viewfinder...that's how you know it was real guy an not a picture from a book.

What do you mean you're gonna have a section to tell people how you do it? ARE U CRAZY! Then everybody will know how REALLY easy it is to build a sord and there goes the market!

Yur sposed to throw in a bunch of mumbo jumbo about trade

secrets and mystical stuff...*wink and Nod* that's the way to really build your product liine. People will think yer sords are magic....

SO the next time you go wild haring it...with the bright idea of starting a website...you should ask...

Remember....Thumb pictures and magic stuff are the real sellers. Get rid of all that beauty and perfection jazz!

WHere the hell are the paracord wrapped epoxy coated  choppers?

Nope...didn't like it at all!

Shane

Ummm...incase you didn't know...I was yankin' your chain...

Gorgeous site! Got it bookmarked!

Shane

I'm workin on the paracord-wrapped epoxy-coated choppers...

Thanks for the kind words on the site guys, but I can't admit to being great at the computer stuff... I used Netscape Composer and Arcsoft photostudio and made it up as I went along.

Hmmm...  I had this real smart alac post all written out ribbing you about learning what you're doing before having a site, and it got eaten.  So I guess that means I wasn't supposed to post it. ;)

Very cool Site Randal!

The sword in your gallery from '03 just boggles my mind dude!  Outta' this world cool!!!

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better and rolling along Randal! :)

-Nick-