tool score

Geoff Keyes

I don't what this was made to do, but I'm calling it a stake plate. It's about 200 lbs of heavy I beam with holes in it. My tool shanks are either just too big, or just too small for the holes, but I figure I can build shim collars to make stuff fit. I'm also going to build a shorter stand, the one it's on is about 6 - 8 inches too tall, but for $65, I think it's a score!

Of course, we had to drive half a day to get it, in some of the worst November weather I've ever seen in June :lol: .

Geoff

IMG_8496 (Medium).JPG

IMG_8498 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Geoff Keyes

"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.

- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver

Very cool score and I agree with it seeming like November, it looks like somebody made a piece of a beam into part of a swage block. It already has a foot for staking down.

I imagine one of the older blacksmiths will be able to tell us.

I would think it is a rivet making block could make some bigger spikes.

Sure enough good buy.

chuck

That's for sure a homemade swage block. Nicely made too!

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots