Bowie's Hammer-in 2012!

Kip,

Alan can give you much better info then I but, that said... The one time I was there a bunch of years ago, one or two people set tents up. Bowie has a few acres of land but, it is on the side of a hill. No flat ground to be had. Also, primitive camping. Just port-o-johns. Unless you want to be knockin' on Bowies door at 2AM that is!

I believe the Iron In the Hat is Sunday afternoon but, it could just as well be whenever Bowie feels like it.

~Bruce~

Bruce is right, there's only two tent-sized flat spots in the yard and you'll have to fight Beau for one of 'em. :lol: Seriously, tents are welcome.

Iron in the Hat is usually late Saturday afternoon. Looks like a slight chance of rain this time, but that's never slowed us down yet. B)

Bring an assortment of clothing, it's gonna be hot and sunny Friday and cold and damp by Sunday! There's a huge shopping area not far away if you forget anything.

Well, looks like I ain't gonna make it either. Duty calls me in another direction.

Y'all have a good time. Take notes and pictures. Hope the weather holds.

Edited by Don A

Well, I'll be there tomorrow. Me and Dad are leaving in the morning. I'm gonna try to camp out saturday night, but if any fights over tent spots break out, I'll just stand back, and pitch mine whilst people are fighting. :lol:

I've never had to absentee bid before, but lookee what I got with the tickets Dennis held for me...

2012092995173102-XL.jpg

Recent work of Mr. Steven Fowler. Can't wait to feel it in the hand. Thank you.

Hope my little contribution could help Ron out, and I really wish I had the lattitude to attend, but my wife is fighting breast cancer and I'm pretty tied down right now.

Had a good time at the hammer-in. But was dissapointed at the lack of organization as far as who is demonstrating, getting started on time, etc. The event needs better organization!!

You'd better steer clear of Baltimore in March, then. Bowie's is pretty polite compared to us northerners. Here it's more of an open craft fair.

For a free event, it's well-run, and rich in expertise shared quite openly. Larry Harley, when he held them, had a bit more of a schedule, but he was charging for the experience. None of these small gatherings have the backing of a central organization like an ABS Hammer-In, though, and that's key to remember... in this case you were the guest in the shop of a gentleman. Different set of expectations is probably in order.

I am not knocking Bowie. In fact I along with a couple of other guys were at the first hammer-in that Ron ever had and have been going back ever since. I have learned a lot from him over the years. Ron is a top notch guy and I think a lot of him. For a free event, I agree that you probably can't set a schedule especially when you are not paying the demonstrators. That being said, I would be willing to pay in order that a schedule could be set up. Just my 2 cents worth.