Anvil stand

Sam Salvati

The Peddinghaus I got is SO NICE and SO NEW I decided it needed it's own custom dedicated brand new stand, so I have been taking evenings and fabricating one. Kept it s the horn protrudes over the edge for extra free space when bending big things around it, plus extra stability over the 2 legs, Added a little tray for holding things like punches, lube can, chisels and rivets and stuff, with a hammer ring and a bending fork/tool holder out the other end. I would have liked to use something more substantial then 1/4" plate but that's what I had, hence the gusset, and figured I would ridgidize the whole thing with gussets all over. I want to add more tooling rings, and some made special for specific tools. I need to add some wood or perhaps some G10 slabs under the anvil to cushion things and also adjust the height perfectly, then figure out how I want to anchor it to the stand so as to be easily removed for transport, I want to do something cool and mechanical.

251465_4518456250444_1957753950_n.jpg

375954_4518456010438_1222610910_n.jpg

546725_4518455810433_7858582_n.jpg

207173_4518455610428_349574888_n.jpg

294562_4518455410423_1601550974_n.jpg

394377_4518454970412_1214138012_n.jpg

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

so Fine !

matter o fact, i just made a 3 legger for myself... but i had to widen the foot on the single leg

nice pattern and i like the tray... wish i woulda saw this post before i made mine

is that a syncrowave in the background.. nice !

Greg

ps.. anvil is a beaut B)

Not my syncrowave :(

thanks Greg! i been dying to make a 3 leg stand, I like em.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Thanks fellas!

Thanks guys!!! Soon Dennis!!

Hot slits :D and punches too :D

LOLOL! It's this new stuff I will post on in a bit, very good stuff. You can almost flick out a stuck drift with your finger it works so well.

561621_4561902136564_2075846445_n.jpg

217856_4561901696553_43047333_n.jpg

523482_4561901336544_281654321_n.jpg

I tried bending some 1/2" round int he bending fork, works great.