• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Petr Florianek

Swordsmith and wordsmith

32 posts in this topic

Hello Gentlemen

I wanted to share collaborative effort i had and have with Myles Mulkey.

It is forgewelded poetry with bladesmithing, the marriage of material and spiritual aspect of our craft.

we settled that to some pieces i make, Myles would compose poetry in very old Norse style (which name is impossible to write if you are not Myles)

here is waht Myles had written about it on his blog

http://mylesmulkey.blogspot.cz/2012/09/eddaic-epicness.html

and here are the poems together with the pieces

DSC04426a.jpg

DSC04463.jpg

brodit.jpg

The two go well together. ;)

Is Myles trying for a Fiery Tongue? :lol:

Haha I'll keep my tongue and burn my beard further down the road.

This is very exciting for me, as I'm not only a fledgling poet, but also a fledgling smith. Just a small part of this community.

This is a great chance to help tie two threads of ancient artistry together, and I'm just honored to have been given the opportunity.

Warrior poets if ever there were some B)

It's fascinating how two things totally different could be so complimentary of each other, and yet not be so different at all.

John

Excellent words! I love the mix of poetry and steel. They certainly do compliment each other well.

-Dan

This is entirely correct!

Now I am picturing framed prints in nice calligraphy, maybe with images to go along with it all...

Petr, I love your new icon!

Hello! its hard to describe how much i enjoy this project! its surely the begining. One more poem was written but it must remain hidden together with the dagger it was describing.

My new icon is work of my friend artist Hela Rosova, who does amaizing work on Norse themes (for those with FB:

)

Extraneously cool B)

Beautiful work in word and steel.

I love the direction you are taking this.

Eagerly looking forward to what you will come up with next.

-Bravo, both of you!

That last one is particularly inspiring. Having just re-read Beowulf, this sounds like it could have been penned by the same hand. The feeling and aesthetic behind the words and steel are dead-on.

Thanks so much, guys! :)

Guys thank you for the kind words. The poems are just small details, tiny additions to Petr's amazing work.

Luke, that is a real compliment. Thank you so much.

Most excellent work, both word and blade. They are inspiring and stirring. The leatherwork moves me as well.