photos from my trip to Colorado

For this year's vacation, my wife and I went to Colorado. Tried to cover the entire state, or as much as we could in seven days. Over one thousand three hundred miles on the rental truck, thirty-five or so miles of hiking at elevation, witnessed a wildfire at night, sleep deprivation, awesome food, got sunburned and frostnipped within twenty-four hours of one another...

Good times!

Anyhow, here's some of my favorite shots from the trip:

DSC7928-XL.jpg

DSC8173-XL.jpg

DSC8306-XL.jpg

DSC8491-XL.jpg

DSC8693-XL.jpg

DSC9096-XL.jpg

DSC9204-XL.jpg

DSC9298-XL.jpg

DSC9439-XL.jpg

DSC9464-XL.jpg

DSC9494-XL.jpg

DSC9611-XL.jpg

DSC9631-XL.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at them, and the shots bring you to a good place, like capturing them did for me!

Awesome pics! What camera are you using?

I was wondering the same thing B) Great photos, I that looks like a great trip. I've been to Colorado a few times, but I was too young to remember much.

John

Thanks, guys. Nikon D7000, Nikon 70-200 VR1 f2.8 and Nikon 14-24 f2.8.

I was also stupid enough to lug around my Gitzo tripod and a Manfrotto monopod, both of which I attribute the quality of the shots with.

Matt very nice shots as noted - what part(s) of my home state did you visit - 1300 miles out here's just a weekend trip for us locals....

I live in Durango, the far south west corner just north of the New Mexico border....and yep one can get both frost bite and sun burn all in the same day, both winter and summer. Last night's low here was 22° and the high today was 75° with 6% humidity mid-day - add in the elevation ( I live at 6500' ASL but the mtns 30 miles to the north go up to over 13,000') and the sun gets intense real quick and with low humidity and no clouds at night the temps can drop real fast and low...then there's the wind which can change quickly - yesterday was 20-55mph today 5-10mph....

We hit Denver, Colorado Springs, Vail, Aspen, Eagle, Avon, Rifle, Mesa, Estes Park, Grand Junction, and a handful of others along the way...

; )

Up here around Buffalo, we have temperature variation from below zero to one hundred on the hottest of days, and intensely humid summers - however, once it gets near a temperature, it tends to stay there for a while. One of the best parts of my area of the world is the wonderfully different seasons. Colorado, however, was a beautiful place to visit. I couldn't handle living in your haunts, though - the heat is the bane of my existence. I could handily live above ten thousand feet, though - give me snow and twenty degrees and I'm thrilled!

Thanks for all the kind words, gang.

Absolutely great photo's! B)

Love that country out there! Although I don't think I could stand the winters anymore! Sounds strange since I grew up in Nebraska but I've been a Floridian now for the past 35 years!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...