What has been the most unexpected and pleasant surprise to me about this community of bladesmiths is the reverence for nature and the poetic side of the cycle of life.

You are certainly emblematic of this, Jesus. You must have been quite at peace to not disturb her.

Thank you for sharing.

About this time last year I went to hammer with a smith I'd never met for the first time and I noticed a nice rack hanging on his shop wall. He said his wife had been hiking and said she found a deer sleeping. She went and got him and then they hiked out together to find out if it was still napping there... and it was! That is it was a dead deer in the woods, not a sleeping one. This picture just reminded me of that story.

dane

At least she was taking a break from eating your grass.

So full, she had to take a nap. ;)

What has been the most unexpected and pleasant surprise to me about this community of bladesmiths is the reverence for nature and the poetic side of the cycle of life.

You are certainly emblematic of this, Jesus. You must have been quite at peace to not disturb her.

Thank you for sharing.

I completely agree Mike, it is one of the major contributors to me choosing this forum over others. That, and the amount of extremely skilled and helpful smiths here. I don't think it's possible to find a better community on the internet!