New Alatalo Scandi - Gobi

This is my latest knife from the production line, "Gobi".

Blade: Mattias Styrefors blank carbon steel blade with explosion pattern edge, approximately 13cm in length.

Handle: Stabilized elm root and amboyna with reindeer antler spacers and bolster. Engraved with plaid pattern and a compass rose.

Sheath: Rawhide leather colored dark red and brown with custom embossing and an engraved reindeer antler belt loop button.

Total knife length is approximately 27,5cm.

Enjoy

gobi1.jpg

gobi2.jpg

gobi3.jpg

gobi4.jpg

gobi5.jpg

gobi6.jpg

gobi7.jpg

beautiful work.

But I have to ask. I make leather as well and your sheaths are all referred to as rawhide sheaths. They do not resemble any rawhide I have worked with or made. They look more like vegetable tanned leather. Rawhide has a tendency to be stiff and plastic like when dry. And these seem to have volume that rawhide doesn't. Might this be some form of vegetable leather and not rawhide?

beautiful work.

But I have to ask. I make leather as well and your sheaths are all referred to as rawhide sheaths. They do not resemble any rawhide I have worked with or made. They look more like vegetable tanned leather. Rawhide has a tendency to be stiff and plastic like when dry. And these seem to have volume that rawhide doesn't. Might this be some form of vegetable leather and not rawhide?

All my sheaths are rawhide leather, they are stiff when they are finished, and will retain their shape as long as they're not wetted.

About the volume you mention, I don't really know what you mean by that.

very nice work.