Introducing my very first finished knife!

Thats great !

The blacksmith and the artist reflect it in their art.

They forge their creativity,closer to the heart.

Good job, and good looking design too. It looks 100 times better than my first!

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Brandon, i'm glad to see your first, looks good! Don't it feel great to complete that long awaited number one :) keep at it and congratulations!

Fred

A bad day forging... is still better than pretty much anything else

Very nice for a first. Its good that it going to your Dad that way you can look back on it in years to come. Good job keep them coming and welcome!!!

Kip

A man is no better than his word! Check out the web site @ www.thekaisercustomknives.com

It's not too bad of an abyss as far as abysses are concerned. I hope your father likes his knife. He should be proud.

Troy Allen Christianson is NOT a "Licensed Bladesmith" so you may treat his posts with the contempt they deserve.

My father loved it. This has been a neat Christmas. I am 33yrs old and I got started into two hobbies back towards the summer. I got into turning pens and blacksmithing. Thus many of my gifts were handmade this year. It's an incredible feeling to gift something that you made. I had never really experienced that before (Other than when I was a small child and I gifted my "artwork".

Thanks again to each member who endured my questions and helped me formulate my plan to complete my knife. I have about five other blades all forged out and ready to grind. After Christmas week, I will start afresh.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done, great first knife. Bet your dad will love it

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.