Shop

Sam Salvati

Cleaning and reorganizing things in my home shop, took some photos and tweaked em like the hipsters do.

538599_10200342200028576_1463281366_n.jpg

734108_10200342205228706_1878191701_n.jpg

317911_10200342209908823_2076414329_n.jpg

385251_10200342188348284_505790558_n.jpg

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Cleaning and reorganizing things in my home shop, took some photos and tweaked em like the hipsters do.

[

Sam,

Nice shop on the home front....I am curious as to what that little tool is ( red ) looks like a punch press but a little light duty and must be running at high rpm. What was it used for and how strong is it? How long is the stroke?

Jan

Edited by Jan Ysselstein

While I can understand the evil genius of a neat clean organized shop I am always long on stuff and short on space so I work toward just having footpaths through the smithy until I get fed up and have to clean the whole thing neaten up and start it all over again. Kudos Sam.

Thanks fellas!

Jan, it is a small punch press, though it runs quite slow. I have not figured out a use for it yet, other then the enjoyment of watching it run hehe. Stroke is maybe 1.5", and it is rated 2 tons.

Dennis, there's honestly alot more room in there without the Harley sized bandsaw parked right in the middle, which weighs as much as a Harley!

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

My shop is the cleanest it's been in awhile!

Dan COOL! What were you involved in? It was quite good.

ps; concerning your red power press, I just happened to spot one similar here;

http://www.opinel-musee.com/uk/visite-virtuelle.aspx

pps I considered buying one of those (bigger), but was regaled with horror stories (I think on iforgeiron) of what happens if the little monsters are pushed beyond their capacity. Beware.

Edited by Dan P.

ps; concerning your red power press, I just happened to spot one similar here;

http://www.opinel-musee.com/uk/visite-virtuelle.aspx

pps I considered buying one of those (bigger), but was regaled with horror stories (I think on iforgeiron) of what happens if the little monsters are pushed beyond their capacity. Beware.

That's quite a panorama there!

They can be dangerous, and the bigger the worse they get supposedly. Worse thing that happens when this guy get's overloaded is the motor jumps and the belt slips, only 2 tons :D. I'd like to try a bigger one though for punching and shearing.

Thanks Brian! I am thinking of putting BIG wagon wheels on it, like 24", so's I can move it in and out easily and do all the cutting outside so I am not slamming into the walls with long stock.