Three for Little Rock

Raymond Richard

I've been busy making knives and sheaths for the Little Rock Show the weekend of the 16th and 17th of February. Here's 3 I just finished up. The larger knife has a bullet wood handle. I was wanting to use ebony but I discovered a crack in the last piece I had on hand so I went with a second handle out of a dark piece of iron wood. Almost had that handle done and noticed a crack in it so I went with the bullet wood. Was wanting to change the color of the bullet wood but after soaking it for 24 hours in black oil dye I later found out the color was just on the surface. I'm actually finding the color of the bullet wood fairly attractive. This knife I modeled after the Midnight Fighter except this one only has a 6" blade. Also have a stag handled skinner and a forge finished iron cross knife. All 3 knives are out of O-1.

IMG_5196.JPG
IMG_5201.JPG
IMG_5204.JPG

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

RAYMOND: Nice stuff: Like Alan I have never heard of 'Bullet Wood' but it is nice looking.

Congrats

~chuck

I picked up the bullet wood at an OKCA show several years ago. I to have never heard of it and that was part of the reason for me buying it beside it was very reasonably priced. Actually I had forgotten I had it. This is what I found out about it on the web: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimusops_elengi

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com

Ray - fantastic stuff there friend!

I am looking forward to seeing you again.

I hope I can remember to bring you a little gift. B)

Karl, A gift, now you got my attention. Looking forward to seeing you to. Hope you do well at the show. Anymore I think of shows as fishing. Make sure you put out the right bait. Actually I do plan on doing a little fishing while I'm there. One of my old high school friends lives there in north LR.

Raymond Richard

www.hawknknives.com