Stargazing wakizashi

Jesus Hernandez

This is a 17 inch nagasa wakizashi made from my own home-smelted steel. Hamon and hada in the soshu tradition. Patinated copper habaki, seppa, fuchi and kashira. Silver inlay in the fuchi and kashira depicting the moon, stars and constellations. Iron tsuba with raised copper and silver inlay.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Enjoy life!

As always Jesus, a wonderful piece just absolutely stunning.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

Dead sexy!! blade, and fittings!!!!

Awesome :)

Mark

Mark Green

I have a way? Is that better then a plan?

(cptn. Mal)

Sleek, elegant, and mind blowing once again.

That fourth picture really fascinates me in all its primal beauty.

John

Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- my blog
-Nine Worlds Workshop-
-Last Apocalypse Forge-

jesus, great work. I really like the way you carried the theme through. raised inlay, smooth inlay, inlay into wood, and self-smelted steel. You are really getting an array of skills together. nice work and dedication.

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

The Mind is totaly blown!

A bad day forging... is still better than pretty much anything else

epic

Jake Cleland - Skye Knives

www.knifemaker.co.uk

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein

That work is top shelf. Just fantastic stuff.

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

Wow... everything about it is beautiful, but that blade surface... it is mind blowing.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Just plain WOW. As an amatuer astronomer myself (the "other" hobby...) I love the constellation on the tsuba; cassiopiea I believe. Your work is truly epic!

www.facebook.com/borrorarmory

Instagram borror_armory

• 1 month later...

Jesus, gorgeous work man!!

What was the process...recipe? formula? to get the texture /patina on your tsuba? Is the pitting chemically done or hammered in with tools?

As always, super find work.

Scott Hale - www.halestormforge.com