Jeff Pringle

Axe 'n Sax-in 2013

To say I'm excited is an understatement! This is looking to be an incredible event (also understatement!)

Here is where the list is at, going over past posts on this topic. Those who have not expressed a commitment are bracketted by question marks. This still leaves, at least, 6 slots unaccounted for.

1. Dave Stephens
  2. J. Arthur Loose
  3. Michael Pikula
  4. Alan Longmire
  5. ?Peter Johnsson?
  6. Scott Mack
  7. ?Howard Clark?
  8. ?Niels Provos?
  9. Richard Furrer
  10. JM Wands
  11. Christopher Price
  12. ?Hank Knickmeyer?
  13. John Page
  14. Jesus Hernandez
  15. Luke Shearer
  16. Podmajersky
  17. Miles Mulkey
  18. John Rigoni
  19. Bruce Norris

Those of you staying at the Hilton Homewood Suites. Is there any interest in sharing a rental car? My thought is that whoever arrives first could let the car and then get stuck with the onerous task of picking everyone else up! However, it would be much more economical this way so I thought I'd throw it out there.

My plan is to arrive Thursday, not sure what time yet, and depart Monday. I would be willing to get stuck with shuttling everyone if that is how it ends up working out.

Any one else interested in going in on the hotel room? Still have room for up to 2 more.

~Bruce~

You can add my name to the list, I bought the spot from Dennis. I already have a place to stay as well, plane tickets bought, I'm really excited for this!

Zeb

I'd be in for a car, that's the last detail I don't have worked out. I'm getting in a little late in Thursday (10:45?) and leaving at 2 on Sunday, so I'd have to be at the airport around 12:30(depending on the size, never been to the Oakland airport before).

This is going to be an incredible weekend!

John

Jim Austin

Jeff Pringle

Jake Powning

Owen Bush

Petr Florianek

1. Dave Stephens
  2. J. Arthur Loose
  3. Michael Pikula
  4. Alan Longmire
  5. ?Peter Johnsson?
  6. Scott Mack
  7. ?Howard Clark?
  8. ?Niels Provos?
  9. Richard Furrer
  10. JM Wands
  11. Christopher Price
  12. ?Hank Knickmeyer?
  13. John Page
  14. Jesus Hernandez
  15. Luke Shearer
  16. Podmajersky
  17. Miles Mulkey
  18. John Rigoni
  19. Zeb Deming
  20. Bruce Norris

Who's missing? Anyone on this list not making it?

~Bruce~

I'm driving out, so I'll have a car too. Its not big, but it will seat 4 not including me.

Bruce,

I PayPal'd my $120 to Jeff Pringle's email back on 2/20/13 - and nailed down a hotel room - so I'm hoping you've got room on the list for an amateur like me!

Michael Kemp

Jim Austin

Jeff Pringle

Jake Powning

Owen Bush

Petr Florianek

1.Dave Stephens
2.J. Arthur Loose
3.Michael Pikula
4.Alan Longmire
5.?Peter Johnsson?
6.Scott Mack
7.?Howard Clark?
8.?Niels Provos?
9.Richard Furrer
10.JM Wands
11.Christopher Price
12.?Hank Knickmeyer?
13.John Page
14.Jesus Hernandez
15.Luke Shearer
16.Podmajersky
17.Miles Mulkey
18.John Rigoni
19.Zeb Deming
20.Michael Kemp

21.Bruce Norris

• That is where it sits for now. Hopefully, people will chime in here and we all can see who will be there. This is one of two knife related events I get to attend this year so... I want to know who's there ahead of time and make the most of it. For example, I do not care for beer but, several other tasty beverages have been mentioned! Kidding aside, the collective talent attending is astounding.
  • My wife reminded me that the Hilton Homewood Suites offers a complimentary shuttle service. I will look into this further, pretty sure that they will pick up and drop off at the airport but, we may be able to set up a ride to and from the event.
  • ~Bruce~

I'll be there.

Niels.

Hi,

I notice that my name has question marks on it in the above list. I will be there with my son Kurt, we are both registered.

Looking forward to it,

Hank

Hello all,

I am very sorry to say that I will be unable to attend. I was very, very happy for the invitation, but however much I would like to come and learn with you guys, I simply must stay home at my anvil this time.

It has taken some bone crunching effort of will to arrive at this decision.

Please respect this and refrain from posting all the fun and impressive thing you will be doing at the event.

Or I shall have to punch myself in the face.

Hard.

But then again, that is perhaps exactly what I deserve.

Your absence will be noticed, Peter. I can't speak to what you deserve, but I doubt we'll be able to refrain from sharing our good times here. :)

I am truly sorry to hear it, Peter! You will be sorely missed. :(

Sorry to hear Peter. Actually sorrier for us,,, And I just finished the 2012 A.F. lectures for the third time. But fortunately (for me at least) there is going to be an astounding amount of bladesmithing/blacksmithing/axesmithing(?) knowledge for consumption. I am so happy to be a part of this gathering.

Also, I could share a room with someone, I'm not one for the floor and if there was some interest we could get a suite for less than a standard room, so pm me if interested.

Cannot wait,,,,

see ya'll soon,,,

jm

The shuttle service at the Hilton Homewood Suites is limited to a radius of 2 miles so those of us staying there will have to find our own way to Axe 'n Seax-in. Glad, to know you are driving out Luke! There is a shuttle service from HHS to the airport but, it cost something like $30. I imagine that is one way, going off what my wife told me here. As peoples schedules firm up, we can figure out what makes the most sense and is most economical for eveyone.

JM, I would be more than happy to have you join us but, it depends on either John or Luke being willing to give up a bed. What do you say guys? Also, one of the beds is Kingsize and would easily fit more than one if that does offend anyones sensibilities.

Okay, here is the list!

Hosts:

Jim Austin

Jeff Pringle

Demonstrators:

Jake Powning

Owen Bush

Petr Florianek

Attendees:

1. Dave Stephens
  2. J. Arthur Loose
  3. Michael Pikula
  4. Alan Longmire
  5. Scott Mack
  6. ?Howard Clark?
  7. Niels Provos
  8. Richard Furrer
  9. JM Wands
  10. Christopher Price
  11. Hank Knickmeyer
  12. Kurt Knickmeyer
  13. John Page
  14. Jesus Hernandez
  15. Luke Shearer
  16. Podmajersky
  17. Miles Mulkey
  18. John Rigoni
  19. Zeb Deming
  20. Michael Kemp
  21. Bruce Norris

Still one big question mark and 4 slots unnaccounted for!

~Bruce~

We'll be kicking off around 3-4 on Thursday, though there are no demos scheduled then, so if you arrive later you'll just be missing some socializing ;-)

The official end will be at 1PM Sunday.

We'll post a list of demonstrations and schedule soonish :-D

Edited by Jeff Pringle

JM, I would be more than happy to have you join us but, it depends on either John or Luke being willing to give up a bed. What do you say guys? Also, one of the beds is Kingsize and would easily fit more than one if that does offend anyones sensibilities.

I don't need a bed. In fact the more people that want to take you up on the offer for the room the better because then we can split the cost even more. I'm not exactly super rich haha.

This is gonna be AWESOME.

What Luke said! I have no problems with floors, and the more the merrier! Thanks for the info, Jeff, that helps a lot. I'm glad I won't be missing too much B)

John

Okay Gents!

John Page, Luke Shearer, JM Wands, and myself are sharing a suite. It is reserved for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. There is room for one more. A fifth person brings the rate per person down to about $163.25 each. That works out to about $40.82, per person, per night, if having a breakdown helps you out any. I say about because, the cost will likely change a little as I subtract children from the original reservation and add adults. Luke Shearer is driving out and has generously offered to drive us to and from the event, his car seats 4 not counting the driver.

There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel if you are flying in ($26 one way.) A reservation is required, or you can take a taxi. The shuttle service is www.supershuttle.com.

Any takers?

~Bruce~

Mr. Norris, if you've got that space available still, I'm game! I'm going to rent a car as well, which should help shuttle some people.

John

Mr. Rigoni,

The space is yours! Thank you for offering to drive as well. Really looking forward to this.

~Bruce~

Cool stuff, thanks again. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

John

A few of you have contacted me with questions about Axe 'n Seax-in 2013. One person about the spaces still to be filled, wanting to attend, and another to verify payment information. All such questions should be addressed to Jeff Pringle (Jeff's email from the first page of this thread: jlp3@earthlink.net) or Jim Austin.

I apologize for any confusion. In hindsight it is obvious how posting a list of attendees could be taken. I am just one of the people, paying to attend. I am really looking forward to the event and the chance to put faces to the names that I see here on the forum. The list started as a means for attendees to network before hand. The names on this list have all indicated interest or stated that they will attend, here on this thread. Please speak up if you will be there and your name is not on the list. That said, here is where the, Unofficial, list stands!

Hosts:

Jim Austin

Jeff Pringle

Demonstrators:

Jake Powning

Owen Bush

Petr Florianek

Attendees:

1. Dave Stephens
  2. J. Arthur Loose
  3. Michael Pikula
  4. Alan Longmire