Jeff Pringle

Axe 'n Sax-in 2013

<p>Wow, it is awesome to see such enthusiastic interest for our event.   If I can talk Jim into it, I will be organizing a little pumpkin chopping contest during the event.... for the academic study of axe and sax ballistics of course.  extra points for not loosing any body parts.</p>

<p>-Nate</p>

Edited by Nathan Smith

Is there still room? I live up in northern California, and going to this is basically (in my mind) going to a concert with all my favorite celebrities!!

Well, turns out the event is full. :(

AND I just realized that practically all but one of the Arctic Fire smiths will be there. You guys are like my celebrities :( . I live just a few hours drive away from Oakland, as well as I also have some close relatives down there; is there any way I could still join? Totally willing to haul around beer for the smiths if necessary!!

Well, turns out the event is full. :(

AND I just realized that practically all but one of the Arctic Fire smiths will be there. You guys are like my celebrities :( . I live just a few hours drive away from Oakland, as well as I also have some close relatives down there; is there any way I could still join? Totally willing to haul around beer for the smiths if necessary!!

This would be entirely up to Jim and Jeff. The shop is only so big, the facilities will only handle so many, and only so much can be covered to a crowd this size. This is why I was on the list the first week it came out... but hopefully there will be good documentation.

Hm. I pmed them, but not sure what'll happen. As you guys are flying in, would there be some other place the smiths would be working at?

Ballistic studies of the axe and sax,,,, sounds very interesting

Yes, it can be quite technical... just one of the basic equations here: Delta trajectory = hand-eye-coordinatoin / #Beers . QED.

There always seems to be a curve to the amount of alcohol consumed though, a little bit can acually improve things, while once you go over that edge, things become worse, it may not be as simple as just division,,,,,,,, lol I'm getting really excited about this

Its coming soon.........

Was in the forge yesterday shooting footage for my talk............piccies filed and a documenting session at the museum of london next friday should have me all seaxed up.....

I am looking forward to meeting you all and sharing a beer (or whisky , or mead , or cider or all of the above) with you all.

There always seems to be a curve to the amount of alcohol consumed though, a little bit can acually improve things, while once you go over that edge, things become worse, it may not be as simple as just division,,,,,,,, lol I'm getting really excited about this

that small improvement is the Zen.

Owen, I am looking forward to seeing you and your demo sounds like it will be epic! I wish you could bring "Troll Hunter" for the pumpkin chopping:)

From Jim, who is in the hinterlands momentarily:

The OASI draws near! I'm starting to prepare the shop for our mini-horde - It's going to take some moving to get enough floor space for the attendees and there will be a lot of details to take care of.

We've been working on a couple of T-shirt designs to offer to you all. The OASI T-shirt design comes courtesy of Petr Florianek and will be printed on a black cotton T. The Team Dane Axe shirt will be printed on a charcoal grey T. We're asking $20 each for these shirts - all proceeds to benefit the event and the traveling demonstrators. A good response on your part will benefit the event greatly and we need to get the orders early (by October 11th) to have them ready for you on your arrival. To place orders for shirts please Paypal the money to Jeff Pringle (as for the original event fee, jlp3 (at) earthlink (dot) net) and state which design/s (OASI and /or Team Dane Axe) and size/s you need. Please also state M or W - if you don't we will assume a Men's T-shirt.

00 axe-&amp;-sax.jpg

00 dane-mock-2.jpg

Paypal sent. You rule, and Petr's art is excellent as always!

Jeff, I'll have a check for one of each in the mail Monday! Men's XL, please.

One each, XL funds sent

Ric

Money sent!

I'll do 2 of each in xl please paypal done.

Hi Jeff,

I have sent money via paypal and would like to order my husband, Bruce, a Men's XL in the OASI design.

Thank you,

Theresa

~Bruce's Wife~

I'll do 2 of each in xl please paypal done.

You just don't want to pack any shirts on the way there, do you? :D

You just don't want to pack any shirts on the way there, do you? :D

It's been my experience that packing light and loading up is the way to go.......apart from steel samples of course.

Jeff, paypal sent for one large Axe'n Sax tee,,,

jm

2 weeks to go. Gotta get some blades finished up for show-and-tell.

So far, I have the Drakkenseax, my feasting seax, a longhunter's knife, and a small wootz blade from years ago. May have a couple others on hand as well, along with my Viking antiques.