KITH 2013 almost done!

Troy Christianson

I have finally, mostly finished my folder for KITH 2013. It was fun but not something I wish to make a habit of. The blade is a "dual purpose" slicer/bottle opener for those thirsty cutting jobs. :P I forged it from an old file. The spacer is of brass and the pivot pins are mild steel. The handle is quilted maple from an old gunstock project. I have had some "cracking issues with the wood that I contribute to my novice, first-time try at a folder. Not too worried about them because I used JB Weld to glue up the spacer where the cracks appeared. If a problem occurs later on I vow to make it right to the poor sod who gets this contribution. Now on to the sheath. I will post more photos when that project is done. Thanks for looking.

First folder 007.JPG

First folder 009.JPG

First folder 021.JPG

First folder 017.JPG

Edited by Troy Christianson

Troy Allen Christianson is NOT a "Licensed Bladesmith" so you may treat his posts with the contempt they deserve.

Troy

That looks awesome, I love that maple and the opener is a great touch. As for the cracks call it rustic charm no charge!!!

Kip

A man is no better than his word! Check out the web site @ www.thekaisercustomknives.com

One fine dual purpose tool one can always use.... :D

If ya can't be good don't git caught  !!                                        People who say stuff can't be done need to

git the hell outta the way of people who do stuff   !!!

Show me a man who is called an expert by his peers         

And I will show you a good man to listen to ......

Show me a man who calls himself an expert

and I will show you an egotistical asshole...............!!

Beautiful job Sir! I would be proud to own that!

Fred

A bad day forging... is still better than pretty much anything else

Troy,

That looks great. I wish I had had time to work on a folder but it just didn't work out. I would of loved to win that one if I had stayed in.

Dion Grethen

D. Grethen Hand Forged Iron

https://facebook.com/DGrethenHandForgedIron

"In fire iron is born, by fire it is tamed"

"Never touch the blacksmith's hammer . . . or his daughter."