Life cycle of Yggdrasil

I've started a long term personal project I hope to have completed by the end of this year.

I'm making three blades signifying the cycle of the Life Tree. Birth, life and death.

This project was inspired by my own interpretation of Yggdrasil as seen in the novel I'll hopefully have published late this year.

This is the design I have so far for the first in the series, a dagger/shortsword whose working name at the moment is Creation.

Edit: Last image was HUGE. resized.

Birth.jpg

Edited by Freya W. Ward

Nice, would be cool to see some form of pattern weld for the blade

I'm certainly going to try. Thinking of a really low layer count

Wrought core, shear steel edge?

I haven't decided yet.

I'm running really low on wrought, so what I have left over will be in the guard and pommel.

I'm probably going to end up doing a very low layer straight laminate 1075/W2

This looks like an interesting project, and I look forward to seeing were it goes.

Dan

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves."
--Henry David Thoreau

My DeviantArt: http://wildwolfworkshop.deviantart.com/

This looks like an interesting project, and I look forward to seeing were it goes.

Dan

It's going to be awhile before I can start on the blades. Trying to get a hydraulic press up and running soon but if that doesn't pan out, I might have to see if there is anyone local that would let me get the billets made and drawn out in their shop

It's going to be awhile before I can start on the blades. Trying to get a hydraulic press up and running soon but if that doesn't pan out, I might have to see if there is anyone local that would let me get the billets made and drawn out in their shop

I would love to do something like that myself. If you end up doing so, you should totally post work on the press! I'd be interested in seeing how you do it

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves."
--Henry David Thoreau

My DeviantArt: http://wildwolfworkshop.deviantart.com/