A couple of snakes

They sure are Hans, Sam 1 " Fangs!!!!! That is horrific! are they very venomous? and Sid

Spiders are the reason I'm not allowed to fire guns in the house any more :D

NOT ALLOWED TO FIRE GUNS IN THE HOUSE ANYMORE!!!!!....when was it ok to fire guns in the house hahahaha you guys are great haha

Rob, being bit by one hurts like a son of a goat yet it is just like a very large wasp sting ,it will swell up and throb yet will not kill you . the biggest risk is infection if not tended to properly .

Sam

They sure are Hans, Sam 1 " Fangs!!!!! That is horrific! are they very venomous? and SidNOT ALLOWED TO FIRE GUNS IN THE HOUSE ANYMORE!!!!!....when was it ok to fire guns in the house hahahaha you guys are great haha

I can't say me and my missis have led a normal life. I've always been what you Aussie blokes call a 'bikie' which might explain things :D

I think the spider got away...

I made a new friend recently here, he's a Pommie like me and ex-military. The guy loves venomous insects, spiders mostly - but scorpions and those big horrible centipedes are his best mates as well. Sam and him would get on just fine...

The bugs here are humungous, but unless they are spiders or venomous they don't really bother me too much. Not long after we moved out here this pair of starving feral kittens turned up at our place and I just had to feed them, because I'm a sucker. The little black and white cat scoffed about it's own bodyweight in food, buggered off for a bit and then came back with this enormous mutant grasshopper thing that looked like something from Jurassic Park. She dropped it at my feet as if to say " Cheers mate, I've brought you a feed now " - I told her thanks, but I'd eat it later :D

carlos.jpg

The manliest of the manliest fall for the cutest of the cuddliest. :lol:

Not long after we moved out here this pair of starving feral kittens turned up at our place and I just had to feed them, because I'm a sucker. The little black and white cat scoffed about it's own bodyweight in food, buggered off for a bit and then came back with this enormous mutant grasshopper thing that looked like something from Jurassic Park. She dropped it at my feet as if to say " Cheers mate, I've brought you a feed now " - I told her thanks, but I'd eat it later :D

The manliest of the manliest fall for the cutest of the cuddliest. :lol:

I'm just a scumbag who likes guns and motorbikes, I think Rob wrestles Crocs for a hobby, he's the badass :D

This is another critter that turned up. Found her dying from dehydration and abandoned on a country road. A year later she's fine and what we call the Insanity Weasel. AKA Fugly.

If we didn't keep wasting our money on vets bills for every kitten or puppy that was down on it's luck I'd be riding a Harley again instead of some stupid Suzuki

P1050233.jpg

Hey Sid

If ever you come to Oz let me know. I am a sucker for animals too. Here's one that ended up in my boat. Grabbed my lure and got tangled. Got free in the boat as I was freeing him. Knocked over my bottle of Wild Turkey too. He was happy when I let him go.

Oh... Sam... Those spiders still gI've me th Willie's

DSCF3924.JPG

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo

I wish it was not Illegal to have one of your Funnel web spiders I would have you send me one Rob and that Cayman is Awesome I would love to have one on my place . I would build a fence for it round the lil pond here .

Sam

Rob - my mates got hunting contacts in Oz, he was down under a couple of months ago culling camels. We had a joke about that because he's Persian and I suggested the camels might recognise him as being a prince of the desert and elect him as their leader :)
I'd love to visit Oz, if I ever can afford to.

I had a lovely experience today, sitting at the computer and something was tickling my leg. Started at thigh level and worked it's way down to my calf. Pulled my trouser leg up and found one of these :-

Scolopendra_cingulata_-_D7-08-2291.JPG

I screamed like a little girl, tore my trousers off and ran about like a headless chicken...

My missis finally cornered the thing hiding under the bed and beat it to death with a cowboy boot...I was shaking like a jelly and not capable of doing anything.

Would you like me to send the next one to you Sam ? :D

Oh Yes that is Beautiful it would be Babied and loved .

Sam

I've seen the even-more-poisonous black tropical version of those centipedes get up to seven inches or so... :ph34r:

We used to run across them from time to time in shipments of bananas when I was a kid at my dad's store. One of them got my brother on the hand once. We had to take it to the hospital with us because we thought nobody would believe what bit him if we didn't have it, plus we didn't know what the heck it was either. Really freaked out the folks at the ER. :lol: His hand swelled up to twice its size and he was sick for a day or two afterwards. Supposedly the black ones are the only kind known to have killed a human, it was a little girl in the Phillipines IIRC. Nasty, creepy things they are indeed!

sh** how big are those S.O.B.'s? :blink:

I would probaby not even go in my house if I saw one of them. :wacko:

They aren't Jurassic Park type huge, but about 4 to 8 inches. That one I found on my leg was 6 inches or so. Did I mention I was terrified ? :lol:

The speed of things is an extra level of scariness, they can hit 0-60 faster than a top fuel dragster...