Hi!

I wanted try to make one this time and KITH come with theme that fit for it!

At web I found a drawing how this think work:

atlatl.gif

So my idea is to make some spearheads (whole spears is unfortunatelly too big for posting) and thrower.

How do you like this idea? I try atlatl recently with my friend and have a lot of fun with it.

Hi Hloh

The Aborigines here throw spears with a similar thing called a woomera. However I think the atlatl is more like a big arrow thrown the same way

We'll mate... I say why not!

I think that would be really cool to bring some unknown to the hate. Good luck, try to post some progress pic's this could be interesting!!!

Kip

I love it! I've always wanted to try one of these, great idea!

John

Wonderful idea Hloh! I love atlatls, they're what drew me into making things. Unfortunately, recently, I've been a bit distracted from atlatls by shiny, pointy things. Have you decided what region and time frame you are looking at? There are thousands of different styles from all over the world, from about 20,000 years ago, up through today.

seeing as you have a knack for more historical stuff, I'd suggest looking at the Magdalenian atlatls, they're from your area, and about 15-17,000 years old. They're a simple stick with an intricate antler "spur" (hook at the end) in the shape of a mastodon or other such animal.