Zombie meat cleaver - KITH blade

This is my entry for a KITH exchange over on Knife Dogs. The theme is zombie kitchen cutlery: "Since Zombies are all the rage and very tasty if properly prepared, how about a Neo Tribal, post apocalyptic kitchen "utensil"?"

So I forged out a meat cleaver. The steel is 5160, the blade is about 12" long, and the hole is 1".

zcleaver01_zps3aaa51ce.jpg

Here's what it looked like before triple hardening in canola oil:

zcleaver02_zpsbe0936ca.jpg

Here it is with zombie-appropriate handle wrap, an edge that shaves hair nicely, and a few "zombie skulls" for testing later on in the weekend. Video eventually. A discussion on Zombie Squad decided that all of the zombie-themed merchandise flooding the market right now is colored lime green because it must be outside the spectrum of colors that the undead can see. Unfortunately, with my good camera on the fritz, the color is also somewhat outside of the spectrum my point-and-shoot camera can see accurately, apparently. I'll see if I can get better pics before all is said and done. :)

zcleaver03_zpsba48de45.jpg

I've got a great Chinese recipe for "Eight Flavor Crispy Zombie".

-J

Hey Sam!
Will that video be NC-17 because of the Gory sprays of shredded coconut and Coconut milk flying about? Zombie Cleaver ! Killing coconuts humanely and responsibly! Very Nice, I need to learn that that turks head knot. You do that very well.

Who's Sam? :huh:

Got my good camera back rolling (battery was just low, letting it sort of do things but not really) and snapped some better pics.

zcleaver04_zps995502e2.jpg

zcleaver05_zps94a86955.jpg

zcleaver06_zpsc937a009.jpg

The coconut test video is uploading on Youtube. :D