Knife I made for my dad because he was in need of a good cooking knife. Not much else to say about it.

IMG_0685.JPG

527063_439372669480340_1378121770_n.jpg

562334_439372659480341_1725600940_n.jpg

DSCF2274.jpeg

Hard to see but this is my family crest. The motto at the bottom reads "finis coronat opus" which means "the end crowns the work". I know the carving isn't particularly good but it was done with a pocket knife and I have no idea how to actually engrave metal.

DSCF2281.jpeg

DSCF2282.jpeg

DSCF2284.jpeg

DSCF2285.jpeg

I also posted pictures of this knife in its new sheath here. http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=27238

Edited by Worth Baker

I very much like the way you treated the handle. Not to mention of course that the blade itself is beautifully done. I would be honoured to have that in my kitchen.

John

Are you sure that your family's crest has a Forge, and not a bread oven Mr. BAKER? lol Wonderful knife! Are the fittings aluminum? And how is the enlay done? ALSO that is the MOSTEST Hammerhandle I have ever seen, Lovely Knot work. I thought at first glace you had made a carved wooden sheath, then I saw the hammer head. Very good!

Are you sure that your family's crest has a Forge, and not a bread oven Mr. BAKER? lol Wonderful knife! Are the fittings aluminum? And how is the enlay done? ALSO that is the MOSTEST Hammerhandle I have ever seen, Lovely Knot work. I thought at first glace you had made a carved wooden sheath, then I saw the hammer head. Very good!

The fittings are actually tin and are simply cast over the wood. The melting point is low enough that it doesn't even charr the wood but if flows well enough for a very tight fit. I use the technique in many of my knives for around the house as the tin keeps a nice finish it adds good weight to it.

Edited by Worth Baker

I really like the knife. Especially the handle. Any chance of WIP or even a short vid on the Tin pour.

I am actually going to be doing a small twin paring knife in a few weeks so I'll show the steps of the tin pour.

• 4 months later...