Big Integral Fighter with Bronze Fittings.

This is the finished knife that I did the WIP on over in Hot Work. http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=26147

It is 1084 with a cocobolo handle and bronze fittings. It was my first attempt at lost wax casting. I got better at it but I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means. It's a pretty hefty knife but it has a nice balance. I will have this at Blade in Atlanta, Table 17 R. If anyone is there, be sure and stop by. I look forward to meeting folks in the flesh.

Todd

Overall length: 15 1/2"

Sharp: 9"

Width: 1 1/2"

DSC_0007-1_zpsc4a656dd.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsc3ecf167.jpg

The handle looks different colors in the picture below. It is because one side had been sanded more recently than the other. The handle is all from the same piece of wood so it will even out.

DSC_0010-1_zpsb5dbd83d.jpg

DSC_0006_zpscc91791b.jpg

DSC_0009_zpsd59e529e.jpg

DSC_0011_zps451f8bf0.jpg

your style is very inspirational todd. as a woodworker by trade steel is new to me and you are really helping me break through my mental barriers on carving and shaping steel as i would wood. wish i was still in charleston i would love to swing by atlanta to feel the flow of your work in person. please keep them coming!

good forging, good woodwork.

nice fit on those scales, too.

I really like what you are doing in this genre Todd.. the bronze fittings are really nice...

Thanks for the comments all. Scott, I sometimes wonder if I am sort of stuck on one vision, but I guess one vision I like is better than a bunch of them I'm indifferent about. Hans, interesting that woodworking is your background, it was mine too. That and boats. But before knives I had never carved wood, let alone metal. I am really enjoying the exploration, I just have more ideas than time to execute them. And Audrey Hepburn,now that's a compliment.

Todd