ve7" w2, full tang, with hamon

Hello Everyone,

I had to take a break from working on swords to make something that is a little less challenging. I love to make this kind of knife. They are more challenging than one might think, to keep the grind lines crisp and right. The wood is very nice, which was sort of luck, since they were cheap handle scales.

I hope y'all like it. Comments, criticisms, hints, etc, are all encouraged.

DSC03497.JPG

DSC03495.JPG

DSC03484.JPG

DSC03479.JPG

thanks for looking,

Kevin

Luke and Ricky,

thanks guys. yeah, just plain old satanite for the claying. Quenched in hot tap water for 3 sec then Heatbath 50 for 8sec then straightened by hand, scraped clay off, and back into heatbath. It all happens pretty fast for a minute there.

kc

Hey Kevin,

I like your blade and I like your handle. Yesterday when looking at the knife there was something that didn't look just right to me but I wasn't sure what it was. Today I believe that the angle of your bolster next to the straight plunge throws the flow off, at least to me it does. It could very well just be my liking/dislikes and you did ask for crtique. :rolleyes: You definately are mastering the hamon which is something that most would love to be able to do. :D All in all the knife has a very good pick me up and use me look to it.

Wade

Wade,

thanks for the input. That is a valid point, the bolster angle versus the plunge cut. Ricassos are such a pain.

The other issue is that I put the pins a little too far forward. At least, that is the other one that I know about.

kc

Good work Kevin! Like the handle scales :) And that\s pretty good looking hamon!