Well other than whatever other artistic embellishments that come to mind ( may do some carving on the staff) Im done with my KITH job.

Everyone who sees this says "shipping that is gonna be rough! Well we'll see. Any suggestions will be appreciated, and unlike the chicken farmer , I do like feed back!

halberd1.jpg

halberd2.jpg

halberd 5.jpg

halberd3.jpg

halberd4.jpg

That's a beast! I really need to get on my entry, even deciding what it is. Nice work!

John

Mark did I see some place that you were a pole arm fighter in SCA ? How heavy is the average Halberd? And do they usually have a counter weight? I really didn't "research "this design since it's supposed to be a fantasy/Tribal theme any way , I kinda designed this to be used like a musket with a bayonet ( Bad on both ends)

Then I added in the Horse gutting features to oppose Calvary. Im Guessing it weighs about 8 pounds! !

Hi Ron,

That turned out great....hey......about the second pic....either the board in the background is for chopping practice or ...you have a very big cat!

Rob, Its Logan ,not the cat LOL that's his knife throwing target. It takes quite a beating . He's done wore holes thru 2x12's time to replace some boards

Thanks folks

Troy , don't say things like " head coming off" around that thing , it could get confused and hurt someone . As Gezell said it has a bad attitude! LOL

The head is held on by friction, the sleeve is a ferrel , drilled the shaft to receive the tang and drove it on . I haven't drilled and pinned it since it seems like it's on there to stay! We travel a lot preaching and singing so Im hoping that whoever gets it will be somewhere That Im already going so I don't wind up paying to ship it! Guess I didn't think about that when I built the thing! :unsure: It was fun anyway! Think I'll try it out on pruning rose bushes :D Then my wife will use it on me ! heads will roll :blink:

Caleb...Whatever needs killin! :D