My stuff for Blade Show....

Scott A. Roush

Here is what will be on my table.. not everything is for sale as I have permission to show some commissioned work.

Also.. just realized that I never posted final pictures of my last multi-core Viking sword. Will try to do that now that I've finally settled on a finish for the hilt...

IMG_2592.jpg

Wow! That is a very cool table full. Inspiring work

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

That table will stand out proudly, well done! Love the look of the viking sword in the middle.

I have always thought that one man of tolerable abilities may work great changes, and accomplish great affairs among mankind, if he first forms a good plan....

- Benjamin Franklin

You make me jealous of your arsenal! Good luck at the blade show!

For the less, even as for the greater, there is but one deed which he may accomplish only once, and in that deed his heart shall rest.

I may not have a fiery beard (yet), but it is fire colored :D

Quality over quantity approach. I like it. You could have 50 full-tang knives with handles pinned on (no bolsters). Instead, you have a sample of some serious art and craftsmanship that shows your individual talent quite well (not that a full-tang knife can't be artful. Just that a lot of them are not. even mine, well, are not... I make 'em cause they are FUN).

great display. All the best.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

Ooh, I like the one at the bottom. Roman-celtic style, correct?

Oh, BTW, where is this blade show gonna be?

Trying to make each knife just a little better than the last

Scott, this is so overdue I am ashamed of myself (not to mention the High Council), BUT: by the power vested in me by my own overweening and somewhat delusional ego, I henceforth command you to Photoshop some fire into your beard! :D I find that smelter fire turned upside down works quite well. Or I can do it if you want.

Better late than never, eh? Welcome to the club, you've long since earned it. B)

Thank you Alan... I have a big smile on my face. It really is an honor.

Maybe I will have the boys at my hammer-in next week work up a picture..and some fire. If it's anything like last year.. my beard might actually catch on fire for real.

Troy.. only elves wear bibs.

You can't have a true Bladesmith's Forum hammer-in without a fiery beard in attendance, you know, and as I said, it's long overdue in your case. Since most of the High Council is currently in Alaska for some reason or other that escapes me ( ;) ) I used my powers for the good of all bladesmith-kind. You have truly earned it.

What a great assembly here! Shame I live halfway across the globe, so I can't check them out in real.

Hi Scott, I like this variety and I agree it really shows your talent and diversity.

I plan on being at the show to visit only for one day and see many of the folks I have in the past. May I add you to my list?

G T

"I Never Met A Knife I Didn't Like", (Will Rogers)

welcome to the fire!!!! good luck at blade your table looks to be a great representation of you great work!

MP

Congratulations on "The Beard" Scott. I couldn't agree more with Alan, damn fine work. I've been lurking around here for years and your is one of the names I am always excited to see in the show and tell section. This post is no exception. Fantastic work man your gonna wow em at the show.

Congradulations! Someday I hope to have my face burn brightly, but for now, I'm content with learning. Also, that stuff looks sick, I hope to see some of it in person soon!

For the less, even as for the greater, there is but one deed which he may accomplish only once, and in that deed his heart shall rest.

I may not have a fiery beard (yet), but it is fire colored :D

Nice job on the beard! Like everyone has said, yer long over due, just like a few others I can think of...*cough* Mike Lenaghan*cough* :P

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

Nice job on the beard! Like everyone has said, yer long over due, just like a few others I can think of...*cough* Mike Lenaghan*cough* :P

Fear not, we're watching him. :ph34r:

Beautiful! I need to make my way over to your table tomorrow. :)

James Helm - Helm Enterprises, Forging Division

Come see me at the Blade Show! Table 26R.

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

My blog dedicated to the metalwork I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com/

Congrats Scott!!!

After having the privilege of viewing your table in person there is no doubt your deserving. It was great to meet you and awesome to see your stuff.

Kip

A man is no better than his word! Check out the web site @ www.thekaisercustomknives.com

Well it turned out to be a great show despite very low attendance. I sold the two handed sword and some small things, had a TV interview and made a bunch of new friends. I also bought a maille coif at a ridiculously low price. :-) As well as some incredible handle material.

Kip was one of the folks I had a pleasure to meet and was thrilled to see the amazing table of beautiful work he had. Kip is one to watch... ;)

Also great to meet James Helm (Stormcrow) and handle is work.

Todd Miller's work is wonderful, clean and organic.. and a great table-neighbor!

Another great maker I met was Elmer Roush.. who is of no known relation.. but happens to be one of the finest forgers of viking axes I've seen in person.

And thanks again for honoring me with my beard.... I sure don't share the opinion that it was long overdue though!

Edited by Scott A. Roush

Congrats on the sale, and yes, Elmer is fairly incredible. You ought to watch him at work! He did a two day demo at my local guild last year making tools.

We're keeping an eye on Kip too, don't worry. ;)

Congratulations Scott!!!