Hello!

I´ve got this little chap for sale! It´s based on several finds in central Europe of the 9th century (Great Moravia to be specific). The whole knife is about 16cms long, forged out of wrought iron with a forge-welded tool steel edge. The scales are antler, lightly decorated, and there is a simple sheath accompanying the knife, decorated in the same style as the knife and coloured with hot lard. Enjoy :) !

Price is 130USD/ 100Eur plus shipping

Woman%C2%B4s%20knife1.jpg

Woman%C2%B4s%20knife2.jpg

Woman%C2%B4s%20knife3.jpg

Ondrej

How did you put the design on there? Is that scrimshaw? Lovely knife , Lovely Muffins too! I like the Bowl as well!

Way too cheap! That seems like a very well made knife with a lot of character that can't be found from a factory. People will pay much higher prices for custom knives and selling them too cheap can raise red flags... As well as affect the market for other makers. I've been given this admonition myself and I'm just passing it along. I only bring it up in this case because you obviously have talent and you need to get paid for it. If it seemed like crap work.. Then I just shut up. :-)

Edited by Scott A. Roush

Thanks! Well, the decoration is made using a special, fork-like tool (kinda drill bit). Scott - I absolutely agree. I´ve spent quite some time pricing this piece, but the lower price in this case is caused by two things: First: It´s a knife from Great Moravia, and I doubt many people here have ever heard of it. Second: it´s the first time I have made a fulltang construction, and so I wasn´t completely certain with how to price it :D

But it may be better to continue discussion to this knife in the "Show and Tell" section, so we don´t make the administrators angry by chatting here in "Knives for Sale " :)