Newest Fiery Beard, in case you missed the post...

I didn't want the acheivement to get lost in the wake of a very busy week last week (Arctic Fire and the Blade Show getting a small amount of attention and all ;) ), so I am pleased to present, for those of you who may not have been following the post from Show and Tell, the latest addition to the International Brotherhood of Fiery Beards: Scott Roush!

Newly doctored photo to come after his hammer-in this weekend, since smelting fire makes the best beards in Photoshop. B)

Oh, question: this is like a club? I saw your beards, and I've been wanting one. Is there a policy or something.

It is sort of a club. For the full story, read the entire pinned thread "Is your beard still burning," but the short version is that it is a mark of like-minded individuals rooted in ancient northern European metalworking methods, philosophies, and traditions, native intelligence, skill, and the properly off-kilter sense of humor. It started as sort of an inside joke, and still is. It's not just about skill, it's about the smith as a whole being.

So no, you don't give yourself one, you have to earn it. ;)

Congratulations again Scott! Hopefully this weekend will get me started on my journey to the mountain of firey beards.

Sveinn

welcome! May your beard all ways burn with the fire of the gods!!! (or the fire of the forge that's good to.. as long as you don't get to close and really light your beard ... that smells bad.)

MP

Flame on!

Nice work Scott!

I really love the direction your work is heading I would love to see a collaboration with

you and Petr I think your styles would mesh quite well! Just throwing it out there.

Jeff

Thanks a lot everybody. I still don't think I was overdue though.. but I'm glad you guys think so. :-)

No matter where I go in this adventure I will always look back at the inspiration I received from the very unique, ridiculously talented, eccentric, intelligent, wacky and wonderful bearded fellows... carrying the flame... as a turning point.

Jeff..... I agree. :-)

Congrats on the bread Scott! :lol:

BTW now I expect you and Troy to reforge some broken shards into a sword this weekend... ;) Still bummed out that I can't make it down this year :unsure:

This is the second time I've been congratulated on the bread. At first I thought it was a typo.. but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be getting a burnt loaf of bread for a prize. :-)

Yeah man we will miss you. Epic assemblage of energetic talent! I can't wait....

HAHA :P normally I'd fix a typo but this is too funny!

From my understanding you should be getting a burnt billet of marble rye cooked a 2300 F... they also use melted cheese in strange ways! B)

Congratulations Scott. You deserve it.

Thanks again guys.

Sure am looking forward to flaming it up starting tomorrow and through the weekend. Crazy round up of folks on their way here from the forum: Nate Runals, John Page, Dion Grethyn, Jai Mather, Troy 'Elf Pants' Christianson, Eli Sideris, Iron John Logan, Luke Shearer, Karl Andersen, Cody Hofsommer, 'Sveinn' Kalinnen, Bill Moran and William Scagel.

Tomorrow we build the plinth and play with doing some bellows driven hearth steel.